{ 22 }

"NO, POTTER. I WILL NOT GO TO HOGSMAEDE WITH YOU." Said a girl with red hair, and green eyes - with a freckled face. She looked quite a lot - no, she looked identical to Lily.

A boy who Lily had seen before in one of her dreams - he seemed to look like Harry, was smirking, running a hand through his already messy hair.
"You'll agree one day, Lilyflower."

Lily recognised that name - Lilyflower - yes, that's the name Tommy always seemed to call her.

The boy began to saunter away, as he met three other people - who seemed to be his friends, and began to laugh with them, presumably about his failed attempt to ask 'Lilyflower' out on a date.

The red-head turned to a blonde behind her - who was smirking.
"What?" She asked, but the blonde simply smiled, before replying; "oh, nothing.. you're just so oblivious - it's quite funny actually." And with that, she too, sauntered off.

"Wait - what?" The girl ran after her friend. "Marlene McKinnon! Get back here!" But her friend never turned back around. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you really do like him, but you're just in denial," said a voice from behind her, and the girl turned around to met with a tall scarred boy, with dirt blonde hair, and brown eyes.
"Oh, Remus," she let out a breath she was holding. "You scared me!"

"Sorry.. but I'm just stating the facts," he smirked slightly, raising his brows.
The red-heads face turned slightly red, before she looked down, trying to hide a smile that had rose onto her freckled face.

Remus gasped, his eyes widening. "You do like James!" He exclaimed, a little too loudly, before Lily dragged him into a deserted corridor, muttering a small
"Shh!"

"Right, right - sorry," the scarred boy apologised. "Right - maybe I do - a little bit - but you can't tell him! It'll only boost his bloody ego even more!" The red-head exclaimed.

"Okay, maybe it will," Remus thought for a second. "But think about it, Lily - think about how happy it would make him! I mean - he's been asking you out for the last - six years? I mean - yes, he does have a bit of a larger ego.. but y'know.. sometimes when your reject him all the time - it makes him pretty sad."

The girl - Lily - seemed to think for a moment. "Alright, yes - maybe it does make him a bit sad - but I can't-" Lily began to protest, but Remus interrupted her.

"Lily, do you have any idea how much he cares about you? I mean - last year, when Severus called you a.." Remus lowered his voice. "A mudblood?"
Lily glared at him, but realised that he seemed guilty even just mentioning the word - although it wasn't him that had called her it. It was 'Severus.'
"He practically tried to kill him, Lily! All because of what he had said! If that doesn't show you that he really does love you - I don't know what will."

"He - he loves me?" Lily questioned, her eyes wide with shock.

"You really are oblivious, Lily."

•••

HARRY WOKE UP. He opened his eyes - staring up at the ceiling for a few moments, replaying what had happened before he had black out.
He remembered - Snape hadn't set them up, nor was he trying to steal the stone, the person who really wanted the stone was Professor Quirell.

He had seen the man - he remembered that Voldemort, the man who had killed his parents, the man who had tried to kill him and his sister, was using the Professor to survive - he remembered seeing Voldemort's rotten face on the back of his head.
He remembered how he - and his sisters touch had turned the Professor into literal stone.