It was Melie!

She smiled and opened her arms to me, I ran towards her and hugged her tight, I could feel her play with my hair. I pulled away, as she looked at me, She nodded. ''Wow...You have grown so much...The last time I saw you was when we were 10! You have changed so much.....Since when did you start putting your hair in a braid? I thought you didn't like that style!?'' She claimed, I slightly smiled. She walked closer to me, she put her hands on my cheeks. 

''Amicia...You have blood all over you. Is that why I found dead mobs people out there? You did that?'' I sank my teeth and nodded, She wiped the blood from my cheek. She shook her head. ''What happened to you?'' She asked, I bit my lip. ''Why did you run away that day, Melie? You left me alone, and you didn't even tell me! Don't you remember? We were 12 and you ran away with your family in the middle of the night? The day right before my birthday!? I will never forgive you for that, Melie. We were so close!'' I blurted, the rage in my voice showing in the halls. 

Melie shook her head. ''Amicia, My life was fucking horrible when we were young. Father didn't feel very good, where we lived, Amicia...It was a really shitty place! Father and Mother wanted to leave the day right before your birthday for some sort of damn reason...But I didn't want to tell you because you would be heartbroken''- ''Well Melie, Any choice would leave me heartbroken! You can't just run away and expect us to never see each other again! Is that what you had in mind? Melie, you were my only friend back then! And you just left me!'' I scolded, She looked down at her feet. 

''Amicia...I'm so sorry, and you know that. It's behind us now.'' She responded, I looked down at my boots and held back tears. ''The world is messed up, Amicia. Who knew that the Black Plague would come back into the world? That they would become deadlier than before? Mu Mother and Father died because of the rats, Amicia! So did your parents as well! Right!? Is Hugo still alive, is he?'' She scolded, I frowned. ''Don't you dare say Hugo's name, Bitch! You were terrible to him Melie! You always made him upset or left out! Hugo was only a kid, Melie! And he still is!''

''So why that fuck are you out here Amicia!? Is he here too? Huh? Is He!?''

I gave her a look, She rolled her eyes. 

''Hugo is fucking sick Melie! Just like he was 2 fucking years ago! He has terrible headaches, He is constantly hungry, He feels fucking weird around the rats, and he had veins on the back of his fucking neck, Melie! You don't get that! You never did! Yes, Mother and Father got sick by the rats and the died, so I take care of Hugo now! And only fucking me, Melie! Me! We made two friends, finally, some people I can fucking trust!! He is with them now far away from this shitty place and I am trying to find a fucking doctor for Hugo! You don't get that, Melie! So what are you fucking here for, huh? HUH!!!?"" 

I blurted out, taking a breath as she stepped back. 

''Amicia...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to trigger you. I am really happy you and Hugo are alive, Though. I am really happy you made two new friends and you trust them enough to be alone with Hugo.....And I am so sorry your parents died....And I am sorry that I wasn't there for you, and I wasn't being good to Hugo. I am also sorry that I broke your wooden nail toy plane that made me get this scar....And I am really sorry for stabbing you with my knife. The truth is...I am only here because I need to find a home. I figured I would stay in this hall for tonight...Leave somewhere else. I am sorry.'' She apologized, I shook my head. ''I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. How about this, Melie? You can help me find a doctor, tomorrow. Then we all leave, together. You, the doctor and I. Our friends Joel and Ellie will pick us up on their horse along with Hugo...And you will stay with us for as long as you want. Is that okay?'' I asked, She bit her lip. 

''Amicia...That sounds amazing. Thank you. Thank you so much.'' We shared a tight hug as she sniffled, She pulled away. ''We are still friends, Melie. I promise. And of course.'' I replied, She looked at her boots. ''How will they know to pick us up?'' She asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. ''We talked about it, the day I left. 3 days. Tomorrow is day 3, they will be there in the morning to pick us up.'' I replied, She nodded. ''Let's stay here for the night, I'll lock the door. We'll get up early, tomorrow. Find a doctor, meet your friends. Good?'' She recalled, I nodded.