I asked "Why?" Nao said "My junior high coach said that I didn't have enough pitching skill to become a pitcher." Enough skill?

You have more than enough skill to be a starting pitcher, even as a first-year. Maybe even ace. I said "That's dumb." Nao said "Not really. I just didn't have enough skill."

I stopped in my tracks and clenched my fists. Nao looked over at me and said "Zumi?" Enough skill? To hell with that! I said "You're an idiot!"

Nao looked at me, shocked. Her smile left her face and she looked at me, wondering what I meant. She said "What do you mean?"

I said "There's no way in hell that you didn't have enough skill! You struck out or jammed every batter after you were brought out!"

Nao said "Yeah, but-" Cutting her off, I said "But what! Your coach was an idiot! Your strength is monstrous!"

Nao looked down and I put my hands on her cheeks, cupping her face. I said "You're stronger than you appear." Nao said "That doesn't matter." 

I said "Don't you dare, tell yourself that!" Nao looked at me, shocked by how much I'm yelling. Nao said "Why the hell not! It's true!"

I said "No way in hell is it true! Underestimating yourself is the worst thing you can do!" Nao said "So what!"

I said "You are more capable than you realize! You may come off as a confident, and kind of arrogant person, but you notice way more than people realize!"

Nao said "So?" I said "That's why you are you. You know more, think more, and realize more than people think. That's why you are so you!"

Nao said "Being myself has nothing to do with this." I said "It has everything to do with this! You're a first-year but you have enough skill to be a starting pitcher."

Nao said "We don't have a catcher! We kinda need one!" I said "Someone else can become a catcher! No one is gonna be damn near as good as you, but at least they can catch!"

Nao said "There's no point in learning something you're never gonna do!" I said "You can't say that! You don't know that!"

Nao said "Yes, I can! Look at me! I learned to pitch but I won't! There was no point in me learning to pitch then!" I said "Don't say that."

Nao said "Too bad, I did." I said "Let's go." Nao followed me as we soon got to my house. I opened the front door and said "Come in."

Nao walked into my house and took her shoes off. I didn't see my brother's shoes. He must be with his Omega. He's been sleeping over there every night, since he met him or her

I heard ding come from my phone, as I walked inside the house. I closed the front door and took my shoes off. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened my phone.

I went to messages and saw a message from my brother. I opened the message.

- - - -

Tobi: Hey, can you pack me a bag of clothes?

Me: For?

Tobi: I'm gonna be staying with my Omega for a while

Me: Okay
What should I pack?

Tobi: School clothes, casual clothes, stuff like that

Me: Okay
When will you come pick it up?

Tobi: We can meet tomorrow at lunch.
That ok?

Me: That's fine.
Where do you want to meet?

Tobi: The vending machine by the boy's volleyball gym

Me: K
See ya

Tobi: See ya

- - - -

I turned off my phone and walked into the living room. Nao was sitting on the couch, on her phone. I said "Want to tell me something about you?"

Nao said "Like?" I said "Doesn't matter. Just something I don't know about you." Nao said "Okay. Ummmmm. . . Oh! I'm Agender." I said "What's that?"

Nao said "I don't have a gender and I don't care about pronouns. Usually I have a chest binder on, but I haven't been wearing it lately. Though, I have a spare that's always in my backpack."

I nodded, now understanding. I said "I'll be right back. I have to pack some things for my brother." Nao asked "Why?" I said "He's gonna be staying with his Omega."

Nao nodded her head and I walked up to my brother's room. I grabbed him a bag and started packing him some clothes.

Once I finished packing his clothes, I zipped the back up and walked downstairs. I sat down on the couch, next to Nao. 

I said "Is that why you like being called Nao? Nao is a gender neutral name." Nao said "That's one of the reasons. I also like the name."

I said "Okay. Do you want to watch a movie?" Nao said "Sure. You can pick." I got off the couch to pick a movie.

I ended up picking a baseball anime, which is not a movie. But Nao didn't seem to mind. She seemed to be intrigued by it.

We ended up finishing half of the first season of the anime by midnight. I said, "We should sleep." Nao nodded and drifted off to sleep, within seconds.

I picked her up and took her up to my room. I laid her down on my bed and covered her with blankets. I grabbed the futon and laid it down on the ground.

I laid down on the futon and soon, drifted off to sleep, feeling like something was missing from my arms. But I don't know what.

- - - -

Here's the 8th chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Have a nice day!

Bye!

- P.K.F