Nevertheless [3]

Chaeyoung tiredly sighed as she sat on the chair beside her daughter. She took a few deep breaths before taking her clothes with her and took a quick shower before joining her daughter on the bed.

She hugged her, pulling her closer to her as she snuggled against her warmth. Her body relaxed when her daughter hugged her waist and snuggled against her neck. She smiled. There's nothing that feels like home to her daughter.

Chaeyoung was caressing her hair when she heard Katsumi speak. "How's your day, Mama?" Chaeyoung smiled. "It was tiring but Mama's okay now because you're here." She started to tickle her.

Katsumi squirmed under her touch and squealed. "Mama stop!" She said in between her laugh.

"Tell me why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I can't sleep!" Chaeyoung continues to tickle her until they're both running out of breath. In the end Katsumi rested above her while Chaeyoung caressed her back to lull her to sleep. And soon after she was softly snoring above her.

Chaeyoung managed to get out of bed without making Katsumi awake before walking out of the room with her purse in her hand. She carefully closed the door and headed straight to the counter.

"Hi, is Doctor Shin here?" She asked, leaning on the counter, eyes wandering around the silent and eerie place.

The nurses nodded and told her to wait as they called him on the phone, paging him. When he arrived, he led her to his office to talk about the operation for her daughter.

"When can you operate on my daughter?" She asked, nervously. "I..I don't have the money yet, but I can pay for it little by little." She gently held his hand. She's desperate for her daughter to be better. "Please, I..I'll do anything just..please...save my daughter." She cried.

The doctor could only tap her hand. "We'll do anything to cure her." He smiled. "But can I ask a question?" Chaeyoung lifted her head and wiped off her tears before retreating her hands against him.

"Y-yes, sure."

"Are you...perhaps the daughter of Son Hoyoung and Son Yejin?" He curiously asked. He's been meaning to ask this since they met at the hospital but too afraid to ask, afraid he'd touch a very sensitive question.

Chaeyoung bowed her head and unconsciously fidget. "Yes." She subtly nodded.

He wanted to ask another question regarding her being their daughter and why she's in this situation but he stopped and nodded with a smile on his face. "And your daughter's name is Katsumi Myoi-Son?" Chaeyoung nodded again. "Is she perhaps related to the Myoi Corp.?"

Curiosity kills the cat, Chaeyoung thought.

"Yes. They are her granddaughter." Chaeyoung stood up and bowed. "Thank you for your kindness. Please, do everything to cure her illness. I'll pay you the remaining balance I had once I got all the money." Before she could leave the room she said another thing.