"Not now, popkins. For when the Masons arrive" petunia says and I look behind me, seeing Dudley's fingers with a little bit of purple frosting on them.

"Which should be any minute" Vernon says and points behind him for everyone to come. Petunia and Dudley almost ran beside him "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home" Petunia answers, gesturing to the sofas.

"Good. And Dudley, you will be...?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door" Dudley says, trying to sound posh.

"Excellent" Vernon says and the 3 turn to me and Harry, walking to us "And you?"

"We'll be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist" Harry says plainly.

"Too right you will" Vernon says "With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career... And you 2 will not mess. It. Up"

Me and Harry make our way to our room, hearing the doorbell ring just as were outside it. I hear Vernon speaking but ignore him. Harry opens the door but there was... Something jumping on our bed, yelling in happiness. It turned to us and I stood in front of Harry protectively.

"Harry Potter, such an honor it is" the thing says and Harry closed the door.

"Who are you?" Harry asks.

I quickly go to the window and whistle lightly, Malekith flying down and landing on my arm.

"Dobby, sir. Dobby the house elf" Dobby says and I place Malekith in his cage.

"Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for us to have a house elf in our bedroom" Harry says.

"Oh, yes, sir. Dobby understands. It's just that Dobby has come to tell you.. it is difficult, sir. Dobby wonders where to begin" Dobby says.

"Why don't you sit down?" Harry says.

"S- sit down? S- sit- sit down?" Dobby asks quietly, then starts crying, jumping to the floor and turning away from both me and Harry.

"Dobby, shush. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything" Harry says and he immediately stops, turning to us.

"Offend Dobby? Dobby has heard of your greatness, sir, but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard, like an equal" Dobby says and I smile.

"You can't have met many decent wizards, then" Harry says an smiles.

"No, I- I haven't" Dobby says, pauses for a split second, then walks to the drawer "That was an awful thing to say" Dobby says then hits his head several times on the drawer, say 'Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!'.

"Stop Dobby. Dobby, shush. Dobby, please, stop. Stop! Stop, Dobby. Please, be quite" Harry pleads and I lean down, looking at Dobby's head.

"Are you alright?" I ask, seeing no bruise or blood or anything.

"Dobby had to punish himself, Miss. Dobby almost spoke I'll of his family, Miss" Dobby says as he pulls up a chair in front of the bed, sitting on it. Me and Harry sit on the bed.

"Your family?" Harry asks.

"The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they ever knew Dobby was here..." Dobby says but shudders "But Dobby had to come. Dobby has to protect Harry Potter. To warn him" Dobby cones closer "Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year. There is a plot, a plot to make most terrible things happen"

"What terrible things?" Harry asks.

"And who's plotting them?" I quickly ask right after.

Dobby kinda shrieks quietly and puts his hands in a fist.

"Can't. Say"

"Okay, I understand. You can't say" Harry says.

"Don't make me talk. I..." Dobby starts but stand on the bedside table, grabbing the lamp and hitting his head with it.

"Dobby. Dobby, put the lamp down" Harry says but Dobby keeps hitting his head.

"Dobby, let go" I say bd Harry grasps the lamp, trying to pull it off him.

"Give me the lamp" Harry orders but there was a this at the door "Dobby, stop" Harry says and gets the lemp, placing it on the table. He grabs Dobby by his clothes, which looked like a dirty pillow case and picked him up, walking to the wardrobe.

"Let me go" Dobby says and struggles to get free.

"Get in there and keep quiet" Harry says while throwing Dobby into he wardrobe, shutting the door just before Vernon comes in.

"What the devil are you doing up here?!" Vernon asks, fuming.

"I was just..." Harry starts but the wardrobe door opens a little. Harry quickly closes it.

"You just ruined the punch line of my Japanese golfer joke"

"Like it was any good" I mumble but Harry looks at me seriously, then back at Vernon. The door opens again and Harry shuts it.

"Sorry"

"One more sound and you'll wish you both had never been born. And fix that door" Vernon says as Harry closes the door again because it had opened.

"Yes sir" Harry says and Vernon leaves. Harry opens the wardrobe door and Dobby comes out, looking dazed "See why we've got to go back? We don't belong here. We belong in your world, at Hogwarts. It's the only place we've got friends" Harry says.

"Friends who don't even write to Harry Potter and Miss?" Dobby asks.

"Well, I expect they've been-"

"How do you know they haven't been writing to us?" I interrupt Harry, looking at Dobby with a curious look.

"Harry Potter and Miss mustn't be angry with Dobby. Dobby hoped if Harry Potter thought his friends had forgotten him..." Dobby takes out a bunch of letters that had been tied together "Harry Potter might not want to go back to school, sir"

"Give me those... Now" Harry orders but Dobby turns away from us.

"No!" Dobby yells and hides the letters. Harry goes for him but Dobby runs out the room, me and Harry following him.

He goes down the stairs and stops at the living room door, seeing the cake. He looks back at me and Harry.

"Dobby, get back here" Harry orders, but Dobby shakes his head.

Dobby clicks his fingers, sparks coming from it, and the cake starts flying.

"Dobby! Please!" I whisper.

"Dobby, please. No" Harry says, shaking his head.

"Harry Potter must say he's not going back to school"

"I can't. Hogwarts is my home" Harry says.

"Then Dobby must do it, sir. For Harry Potter's own good" Dobby says and clicks his fingers again, the cake gliding towards the living room while Vernon was talking.

Me and Harry push past Dobby and slowly walk to the cake, putting our hands out to catch it, but it stops just on top of one of the Masons, falling on her head.

"I'm so sorry. It's my nephew and his friend. They're very disturbed. Meeting strangers upsets them. That's why I kept them upstairs" Vernon says as me and Harry turn to Dobby, but he clicks his finger, disappearing.