Chapter 12: Europe in Crisis (P4)

After Chief Ripley congratulated Grace on the case, she debriefed her on the next mission: returning to the Acropolis along with Jack and Dupont to focus all The Bureau's efforts on tracking down Klaus and the Promethians

After Chief Ripley congratulated Grace on the case, she debriefed her on the next mission: returning to the Acropolis along with Jack and Dupont to focus all The Bureau's efforts on tracking down Klaus and the Promethians. Before that though, she mentioned cryptically to Grace that Elliot wanted to speak with her.

"Good news, guys: you're rich!"

"Really? You clearly haven't seen my bank account, Elliot." Grace joked.

"No, I mean it. Exactly as I predicted, the impact of Costas' sentence helped the Greek stock market recover. You made a nice profit on your e-Euro investment."

"Does that mean we're finally getting paid?" Jack asks cautiously, "after you invested our salaries on the stock market without asking?" Grace nudges him in the arm.

"But...I guess we owe you a thank you, but don't do this again, alright?"

"Whatever!" Elliot dismisses as Grace observes her daughter.

"You don't look too happy, Gretta."

"Oh, I'm fine. Just upset that he was right and gets to rub it in everyone's faces." Gretta replies, briefly glaring at him.

"From my perspective, you seemed happy about it." Elliot replies, voice dripping with condescension.

Gretta just stared at him before rolling her eyes.

"Oh bite me!" She snarls with no real bite.

"Anyway, I've done another amazing thing: I picked up some information on the Dark Web about the Promethians."

"What the heck is the Dark Web? A medieval cult worshipping spiders?"

"It's a piece of the web that is only accessed by special software engines and not accessible through normal search engines--everyone knows that! Honestly, Archer, where have you been for the last twenty years?" Gretta explains with an almost encyclopedic knowledge.

"The fact that you can say that off the top of your head does not disturb me as much as it should." Grace comments.

"What can I say? I have a lot of time on my hands." Gretta defends herself, smiling with a smug expression.

"Can I get back to what I saying?" Elliot asks, clearly annoyed.

"Fine! Go ahead."

"Thank you. Anyway, on the Dark Web, the Promethians communicate. I intercepted some messages mentioning Santorini," Elliot says before hesitating, "Gretta was a big help." It seemed to take a lot for him to say that and he attempts to avoid Gretta's beaming face.

"What did you do to get Elliot to admit that, Gretta?" Grace wonders.

"I'll never tell--you're the detective, mom. I'm sure you can figure it out!"