Sadqa |4|

~~~~~~~~~

"Anytime by afternoon Shamim is returning, I pray, Shauqat, you take Ramsha and Sami to Pathankot along with you." Ramsha's mother was packing her daughter's bag sitting on the ground early in the morning.

Shauqat stood in front of her with a little sleep in his head when Ramsha came forward and said directly to her mother, "Ammi, I'm not going anywhere without my son, Samad."

Shauqat turned his face towards his wife and stealing a glance of her eyes he added to her statement, "even I'll not leave without any of my wife and children."

The woman stopped her activity and began to think. Then she said, "if Shamim is back, he'd create a wild havoc by finding Shauqat here and let alone allowing Ramsha to depart with her children. That's why son, please understand. You all must leave. Do not worry about Samad. I'm here to look after him. When I find the right time, I'll send him along with Raheem to Pathankot."

The upset man then began to think something and walked back into the room. Ramsha followed him as she heard the infant crying. She lifted the baby up in her arms when Shauqat extended his hands to carry Sami. Ramsha helped him hold the boy and looked into her husband's face.

"Do you think my decision to stay here till Samad arrives and then leave altogether is correct?" She asked her husband who was consoling the annoyed child.

"Ramsha, your intention is correct. But, it will definitely create chaos. I don't predict it, I'm telling you this as the conclusion of what I've drawn out of your brother's earlier dramas. I do not trust him. Nor you should. On this, I'd say let it be a secret..."

Ramsha interrupted him, "what secret I don't understand," and rubbed the back of her son who was still crying.

"My love, I mean, I should leave just like I've never come. You be here and wait for the right time. Then I'll come and fetch three of you with me to Pathankot. But for that, my arrival must not be disclosed to him. Otherwise my next arrival will fetch no result."

Ramsha's eyes reflected traces of tears in them. She also started crying along with her child. Shauqat was helpless before what he had to see. He hugged her warmly and was continuously rubbing her back.

The child had almost stopped its cry began to observe the scene around it. It felt warmth and comfort in the arms of his father leaning on its mother's chest.

Morning light was about to brighten the sky. Shauqat had already left the house, leaving a forlorn woman who was watching from the balcony her husband's chariot vanishing into the horizon. She had hope in her heart that could be reflected from her. All she wanted was her husband to come back soon and take her away from the claws of her brother.

On reaching Pathankot, Shauqat began to get involved in his daily livelihood courses and would still participate in all kind of matches. He'd even go to other towns that were out of Punjab But in the course of his busy life he'd never forget to write letters to Ramsha. He used to write in the name of Ruqsar, a friend of Ramsha, so that it'd not turn on the suspicion of her brother.

Ramsha also began to look after her children with more concern and would often get involved in observing fasts so that with the blessings of God she might attain what she had been seeking.

Shamim was living the same life with his family and it had been three months since Shauqat had arrived and resolved his conflicts with his wife but his brother-in-law had no clue of such a reconciliation as his parents were on Shauqat's side and knew the evil of their elder son very well. Until one fine day.