𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗼𝗻

𝐴 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑠...

  I always perceived poetry as a pretentious medium; as a way to overcomplicate simple feelings and thoughts, transforming them into metaphors and birthing a vague meaning that -to me- lacked meaning instead.
  However, my love for poetry grew when I, funnily enough, downloaded this app called "daily poetry"; it was out of sheer curiosity --thinking that perhaps the classics would change my mind... and they did.
Pablo Neruda's poetry and his mastery with words, how skillfully he created masterpieces out of letters,
Ella Wheeler Wilcox: one of my all-time favourites- the rawness and honesty in her verses, not shying away, not hiding what she meant but gracefully putting it on paper.
Sara Teasdale: her poetry is concise and yet overflowing with meaning, with unimagined imagery filling the mind's eye.
Anne Sexton's sheer authenticity, indelicacy, and integrity, the fearlessness in her writing, the fire in her timeless compositions,
and John Keats' incredible storytelling.
  My perception was forever changed.
I gained a newfound respect for this art form and sought to create an amalgamation of all the things that made me love poetry and apply that to my own; that is of course an incredibly hard task and one that I am yet to fully achieve, but it is also where I draw my inspiration and motivation for betterment from.
  After my latest work "The Age of The Viragoes", I feel as though I have gained new insight and wisdom when it comes to writing. Pushing my limits like that daily was truly a learning experience and it had an immense effect on me and my creative process.
  So now, coming out of this ambitious venture, I hope that I can utilize what I've learned!

𝐸𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦!