"Come on boys, let's dance!" Elle giggled out, pulling Cedric behind her as Dylan watched with a proud smirk on her face. Dylan watched as Elle and Cedric danced together, the pair a giggling mess as he twirled her around.

Dylan's eyes scanned the rest of the room to see Olivia perched on Luke's lap on one of the chairs, making out, Jackson and George playing each other in beer pong with Ian, Gigi, and Lee dancing in their own little group. Dylan's eyes continued to watch the crowd, after letting out a small laugh at how Cedric had become a lightweight and had increasingly became buzzed over the short time they were there, and he could tell people Cedric and Elle were subconsciously becoming very handsy with one another and across the room, staring at Elle and Cedric, was Dylan's least favorite Gryffindor, Fred Weasley.

Dylan watched, with a bit of a giggle to himself, as Fred watched Elle and Cedric with pure jealousy, obviously not liking how close the two were. Elle and Cedric were getting much closer, especially with Elle newly single and Fred, at least to her knowledge, sleeping around with Angelina of all people, and anyone who saw them together would think they were together... or at least liked each other and Dylan thought it was evident with the way Elle leaned into Cedrics touch, or the way Cedric draped his arms around her like they were made for each other and obviously seeing the pair made Fred pissed, and Dylan was glad it did.

He was never particularly close with the redhead, much more favoring his twin over him as he knew how much Cedric liked Elle, and thought Cedric could treat her better, which was now obvious to a lot more people as time went on and they could see Elle not behaving the same, happy, way she used too. Elle was never a dull light but since Fred broke her heart, she seemed dull.

In Dylan's eyes, Cedric was the best choice for Elle. He knew her a lot better than most, was able to be there for her, protect her, makes her laugh, and every time the two were together, whether it be studying, or prefect duties, or when Cedric dragged Elle out of bed in the morning because he was the only one who could, their eyes both lit up. They were able to genuinely be themselves together and Dylan could only hope Elle would one day wake up and realize his best friend was the best choice for her.

After a while of Cedric and Elle drunkenly dancing together, Cedric noticed Elle's eyes begin to leave him and wander around the room before they landed on someone. Before Cedric could even turn to look at who Elle was staring at, she took off in a drunken stumble in the opposite direction of where Dylan stood.

Cedric was quick to turn and follow after her, knowing that when Elle was drunk she could make some questionable decisions and he wanted to make sure that just in case, he was there to ensure Elle was okay.

Elle continued to stumble through the crowd until she was in front of Fred and by the looks of his face, he was pissed... and it pleased Elle to know that he was hurting as much as she was.

"Fredrick! We need to talk!" Elle drunkenly yelled, stumbling forward towards Fred's chest as he gently caught her, securing her on her feet as he sent a glare to Cedric.

"Elle, you're drunk. I would love to talk to you when you are sober but-"

"What? You're not drinking for once?" Cedric's drunken thoughts accidentally stumbled out and interrupted the redhead as he received a glare.

"No, I'm not-"

"I feel so sorry...I feel so sad. I tried to help you, be there for you but you broke me! I loved you so much, more than anyone else has, and, and I loved everything about you-" Elle began to ramble rather loudly, causing people surrounding them to look and stare as the girl's eyes began to well with tears.

Cedric took this as a sign that Elle had enough to drink and she needed to go up to her room so that the entire Gryffindor common room doesn't see her cry so he gently hooked his one arm around her waist, tugging her slightly towards him and away from Fred, which Fred didn't like too much but didnt know what to even say.