"Ssh, that's alright sweet-pea, ssh," The paramedic soothed, sticking her head out the door and ordering a wheelchair from the second paramedic.

"Sir would you mind stepping out of the restroom for the time being?" She asked in a soft tone, understanding how difficult it must be to see your partner in this kind of state. She wasn't aware the pair were a couple.

"She needs all the privacy she can get." The paramedic added with a small smile and Spencer cast his eyes down to the floor as he nodded and left the room.

Once they had Melanie in a wheelchair covered by the tin foil blanket, the paramedics wheeled Melanie out of the restroom where JJ, Prentiss, Morgan and Spencer were all stood around in the hallway, waiting for this moment.

"Melanie," Spencer said in a choked and broken voice, walking alongside the gurney, reaching for her hand.

She immediately pulled her hand out from his and buried it under the blanket, her eyes rolling as she closed her lids, a lone tear slipping down her face.

"Melanie." Hotch called in a torn voice, clearly failing for thoughts as he saw his little girl being wheeled out of the station in a chair, Spencer halting just by the doors.

"Are you going in the ambulance with her?" Hotch asked in a stern voice. Spencer shook his head, his whole body hunched over as if in defeat, disappointment and heartache.

"She doesn't want me there." He choked and Hotch frowned, turning to look at the paramedics as the gurney slotted inside the ambulance.

"Melanie," Hotch said as he approached the ambulance. "May I come with you?" He asked, glancing from Melanie to the paramedics. The brunette looked down at Melanie on the gurney and looked back at Hotch.

"Sir perhaps it's best if you meet with Melanie at the hospital." She gave a polite little smile before pulling the doors closed.

*

"What do we do?" JJ asked inside the station, her eyes trained on Spencer by the doors, staring outside as the ambulance drove off without him.

"She shouldn't be going through this alone. This is bullshit." Morgan snapped, tossing his vest on the ground and storming for the doors. "Reid let's go."

He snapped, hitting Spencer on the back as he left the station.

Slowly Spencer looked up before putting one slow foot in front of the other and following him out of the station.

"This is crazy," Prentiss said in an exaggerated tone.

"He raped her?" She whispered. "We were just talking about how..." She shook her head and shuddered.

"It's their first anniversary tomorrow." JJ choked, tears pooling in her eyes as she thought about how this was going to impact on their relationship and what this was going to do to Spencer.

"What?" Rossi asked, his hands deep in his pockets.

"Spence and Mel," JJ said, jerking her chin towards where Spencer had been standing moments previous. "They've been together a year as of tomorrow. He was planning on surprising her with a party in his apartment. We were talking about it yesterday." JJ said.

"Oh God yeah," Prentiss groaned, tipping her head back as JJ's tears fell from her cheeks. "How could I have forgotten? Of course."

"Oh no," Rossi sighed emphatically. "This is horrible. It's not often I'm at a loss for words but now... Now I genuinely don't know what to say." JJ frantically wiped at her tears and took a deep breath.