I'm tired by the time we are done shopping. My feet are killing me. And I'm not even wearing heels like her.

How does she do it?

Do we need so many items for camp?

What am I supposed to do with a carpet at a camp?

But I never question her choices. It's rule no. 1 of the Lover's Guide. You never question your girl when she shops. So when we leave the mall, I'm laden with bags like the fucking Christmas tree.

"You are loaded, turd!" Charlie compliments as I fish out my black card to pay the bill.

I scowl at the brat's new nickname for me. "Try to negotiate on the nickname, host. You don't want your favorability to fall below 100." I peek a glance at Jennie, and to my horror, she's barely hiding laughter. Her cheeks are pink and she looks lovely under the sunlight.

I'm broken out of the trance when I'm pushed into the car. "Eww. Turn away. You are contaminating her with your gooey gaze." Charlie shoved me into the car.

'Whatever. I'm mature enough to not let that bullcrap get to me.'

"Oi, turd. Start the car!"

"Stop with the nickname already!" I burst, maturity thrown out of the window. I turn around to furiously scold him, "You keep shut while you are in my car."

His expression is honestly poisonous as he leans in close to me. "But this is my jeep."

I'm dumbstruck, embarrassed and speechless. I want to get out of the car and stomp away and jump off a cliff. But I have a mission to complete.

So I pull a deep breath and turn back to the steering wheel.

'It's temporary. It's temporary.' I comfort myself.

My luck doesn't shine at the arcade either. We encounter the damned male and female leads. At the claw machine.

I was already giving up hope on getting Jennie the pink elephant. But then that fucking Dior had to appear and snatch that giraffe on his first fucking try.

'System. If you are of any fucking use... I'd like some assistance here.'

"On it, boss!" The cheery voice rang out before my hand started moving by itself. My mind focused on the pink elephant and the claws clamped around it.

It was like my body was possessed. I couldn't perceive anything other than the pink elephant and my hand on the controller.

And before I knew it, the pink elephant was being embraced into Jennie's soft arms and bomb af cleavage.

'Whoa... What was that system?'

"I took control of your body for a few seconds host. I love claw machines." The system's voice was raspy and strained.

'Oh... So why wouldn't you tell me you could do that?'

"Well, it takes a toll on me to do it, boss. It's a one-time thing we can do in a plane."

'Wait so we could have saved that for a more life-threatening occasion!'

"No way. You want me to take the pain for you, boss? Moreover, would you rather continue your failure streak against the perfect boyfriend male lead?"

'Touché...'

"Forget him, Jennie. He's dumbstruck over his achievement." The male lead's grating voice echoes in my ear and I'm yanked out of my conversation with the system.

"Shut up." Jennie blurts.

A soft body embraces the whole of my left arm, shaking me. I blink, turning to look at Jennie. "Come on, babe. Lets get going now. Its almost time for the movie."

Thats when I realise that the fiasco at the clawing machine took up more time than I thought. we would have to skip shoeshopping and lakeside viewing. since we had the nuggets, Jennie opts out of lunch. But the brat claims he's so hungry that he can eat a whole elephant.

I want to challenge him on that. But you know... I'm mature and all that shit... So I wont bother with him.

The lunch is awkward as Jennie nurses her lemonade and Charlie swallows his full course meal. The drive back is also awkward as Charlie threatens me with fur. He makes me drive them right back to their mansion. Once there, Charlie gets to work. 

He quickly ushers his sister back into the house before turning back at me at the door.

"Your services are done. You can take your skeleton of a car now and go." Bam! The door closes in my face.

I stand there flabbergasted for a whole minute. There's anger fuming inside me and I am this close to breaking down the door. I want to grab that brat by his collar and shake him well and good. Teach him a lesson and let him know who he's dealing with.

But all that anger dissipates as my phone dings and I open it to see a message from Jennie.

Jennie: I'm sorry about Charlie. Do you want me to sneak out and spend the night at yours?

I know shes being serious. But I still cant believe my eyes. It takes me a second to reply.

Me: Ofc. when do you want to sneak out?

Jennie: Come back at 12. I will be ready at the gate.

I smirk. That's my girl. Bold and unafraid to take risks.

At midnight, I return to the Sylvester manor, my Spyder soundlessly turning around the corner. Jennie is crouching beside the gate, all set with a backpack. The guard fast asleep. Guess she drugged his tea.

She quickly crosses the empty road and gets in. 

"Hey," she beams at me. "Hi," I manage to mutter. I'm speechless now that we are really doing this. I mean- what am I supposed to do at a sleepover? Should we sleep? Or should we play games? If Jennie was a man id have challenged her to a game of Mariokart. But. what. The. Fuck. Do. Girls. Do. At. A. Sleepover?