Chapter 8 ✔

**Jordan's POV **

When we got back to the sandlot, there was smoke coming from the tree house. I wondered what had  happened in the short time we were gone?

"Wow." I breathed.

"Yeah. What happened?" Yeah Yeah voiced my own thoughts.

"Hey guys, come here!" Ham called to us. We walked over to the guys, who said they were going to have Yeah Yeah try to get the baseball. I didn't really want to help, though; I didn't feel like helping anyone.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go home." I informed the guys. Everybody nodded, signalling me to start walking home.

I really needed to think about the whole thing with Benny. I'm starting to really like Benny and I don't know what to do. Should I tell him? Should I just keep it to me and Yeah Yeah? I really don't know what to do. I wish I did. I wish it wasn't that complicated, but it is. I don't know if he likes me and I don't want to tell him how I feel and get rejected. I've had that happen to me before and I'll tell you right now it's not fun. It, in fact, sucks.

I got to the front door of my house and opened it. As I was walking to my room, I heard yelling. My mom and brother fight a lot. Too much. I can't handle it, which is why Yeah Yeah was my best friend. He was always there for me, whenever I needed him. I practically live with him because I'm over at his house more than I am at my own house.

I didn't feel like doing anything so I decided to just take a shower and then sleep. That's exactly what I need right now. Sleep.

Yeah. Okay. So this chapter kinda sucks big time. But!!! I have an excuse... I am just getting the rest of the story started. The rest of it's gonna kinda go off the whole story line in the movie. I'm just warning you. Oh and I forgot to mention that this is sorta just a filler chapter. You guys will be surprised about what happens in the next couple chapters. Trust me. (At least I hope) okay guys, I'll let y'all go. Does anyone else not like the word "y'all"??? I don't but I use it 'cause my friends and I were reading things on here and a lot of people were saying y'all and it was irritating. Now it's an inside joke... Okay, bye!!! :-)