one

Okay, really bad chapters!! Just saying! Read at your own risk. It will get better, but it may take awhile...

There was two weeks left of school. I was in the 6th grade and was older than most of my friends. I was also the only girl. I had long wavy blonde hair with brown streaks in it. I had crystal blue eyes and was 5 feet tall. Every day after school I go to the sandlot with my friends, Benny, Yeah Yeah, Kenny, Squints, Ham, Timmy, Tommy, and Bertram. I heard from one of the guys that the 5th grade got a new kid. Benny said he saw him and he lives across the street. Great. People. My least favorite thing in the universe. Of course I have to live right next to Benny, so therefore, he live across from me.

Once school was over for the day, the gang went to the sandlot and continued the game as yesterday. Benny and I took turns batting like we do every day.

---

After school I stopped by Benny's house and together we headed to the sandlot. Once we got there, we played just as every other day.

I saw a short kid walk into the sandlot with a baseball hat and a plaid button down shirt with tan pants. I seemed to be the only one to notice so I just ignored it.

When I realized it was the new kid, I looked at Benny. He was really focused on the game so I didn't want to bother him. Then Kenny threw the ball, Benny hit it and it flew towards the kid.

"Look out!" everybody yelled. The boy attempted to catch the ball, but fell. Everyone except for Benny started laughing.

"I'll get it!" the kid yelled, slowly crawling under a bush to get it. When he tried throwing it, it landed about two feet ahead of him. Again, everyone except Benny fell to the ground laughing. Benny just shook his head while the kid ran away.

As we were walking back to our houses and I was about to walk into my house, Benny stopped me and turned me around. We were only about two inches away from each others faces. My heart started racing.

Why? Why now? I thought to myself.

"Why did you laugh?" Benny asked.

"What?" I asked looking into Benny's eyes.

"At the sandlot today," He said.

"Oh. Um, I don't know" I stuttered awkwardly.

"Just 'cause Yeah Yeah thought it was funny doesn't mean it is." he said.

"What? Why do you always bring up Yeah Yeah?" I asked. Although I wasn't lying. He seemed to bring up Yeah Yeah every time I did somethinghe didn't completely agree with, like he was an escape goat.

"Just don't laugh next time." he said. With that, he walked back to his house and walked in. I let my heart calm down and then walked into my house.

what did you think? Should I keep writing this? Let me know plz...

[EDITED SEPTEMBER 1, 2017]