SIX

SIX
OLLIE

She's plaguing my mind.

Lilah is all I can think about.

She left so abruptly last night, I didn't have time to even comprehend what was going on.

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I enjoyed the night with her and I know she did too, but she's worried about what her stupid husband thinks.

I don't see that man as a threat. He doesn't deserve Lilah and I'm more than prepared to let her know that. She deserves the world.

"Mr Burhan?" I'm pulled out of my daydream to see my assistant holding out some folders for me. "The meeting is ready to begin." He informs me and I nod, making my way to the meeting room.

"Has everyone arrived on time?" I question him as he follows my long strides.

"We're still waiting on Mr Bradford." I roll my eyes at the mention of Dale.

Of course he's the one that is late.

I walk into the room and everyone stands up, greeting me. I give them all a smile and take a seat at the top of the table.

I begin the meeting but ten minutes in we are all interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"I am so sorry I'm late." The piece of shit stumbles and I roll my eyes at his lousy excuse.

"Not a good look is it, Mr Bradford?" I tilt my head at him. "Did my father make a mistake about hiring you?" A satisfied smirk etches onto my face when he begins to become all flustered.

"N-No. Sorry sir, it was my wife's fault." My jaw clenches at him blaming Lilah.

"Sit down." I mutter and continue on with the meeting.

By the end of the meeting I'm just about fed up with being in the same room with this sorry excuse of a man. The fact that he blamed Lilah for him being late disgusts me, this man disgusts me.

Lilah deserves so much better than this low life.

Why did she even get with him in the first place?!

As soon as everyone has left the room it's only Dale and I left.

"You said your wife made you late?" I question as I continue to pack away all my paperwork.

"Yes, she must be on her period or something because all she wanted to do was argue." He scoffs and I freeze and look up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"As far as I'm aware, Mr Bradford, you're a grown man. Your wife does not work for this company therefore it is not her problem if you are late or not, she is not the one to blame. It would be you. Now if you're late for a second time, Dale, your job will be on the line." I stand up straight and pat his shoulders, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

"Won't be late again." He nods and I then walk out of the meeting.

I want to see Lilah.

+++

There she is.

She's sat by herself in the hotel with a cocktail in her hand as she looks at passers by. The light wind brushes gently against her hair. I admire the yellow maxi dress she has on that compliments her beautiful brown skin.

God, she's a dream.

So beautiful.

"Lilah?" I walk up to her and her head shoots up to look at me.

"Ollie." She whispers as she stares up at me with her big brown eyes.

Sometimes I wonder what she'd look like under me as I pound into her sweet, wet-

"Ollie?"

"Yes." I shake my head and try and compose myself.

"Are you okay? What were you daydreaming about?" She questions and I gulp.

You

Me

A bed

"Nothing important." I lie and she slowly nods her head and takes a sip from her straw. "Can I sit?" I look to the seat next to her and she nods her head.

A waiter comes along and asks if I would like a drink. I quickly order and then turn my attention back onto the Goddess next to me.

"Why did you leave so suddenly last night?" I question and she bites her lip, looking away from me.

"I felt guilty. I have a husband and I was out last night drinking with another man." I nod my head in understanding. "I'm sorry if I upset you, I probably shouldn't have left so suddenly. I just felt guilty."

"I understand, Lilah, but that man is something else. He blamed you for him being late to the meeting this morning, said you must of been on your period." I explain to her and her eyes widen. "In my eyes that is hugely disrespectful of him. He shouldn't be talking about you like that, ever."

Lilah bites her nails and begins to look in deep thought.

"Maybe it was my fault he was late for work. I came in late last night and woke him up." I release a frustrated sigh at her excuse.

"I'm just going to be honest with you, Lilah. I may not have known you long and I might not have any idea what your marriage is really like. But from what I can see and I know I'm right, you deserve so much better."

She smiles gently and puts her head down.

"Please tell me why you're a single man because you seem to like to charm people with those words of yours." She laughs and I smirk.

"Waiting for the right one I guess." I shrug and she slowly nods her head, finishing the last of her drink. "Can I take you shopping?"

"What?!" She nearly chokes on her drink. "Ollie, are you trying to tell me my dress sense is horrible?" She playfully raises her eyebrows and I chuckle but shake my head.

"No, your dress sense is beautiful, Lilah. I would just like to treat you."

"Ollie, please, you've done too much of that. You shouldn't be wasting your time on a married woman when there's plenty of girls who would love the attention your giving me." She whispers and I furrow my eyebrows.

"But I want to give all my attention to you." I say, deciding to be completely honest.

"You know I can't, Dale will question why his boss is doing all this stuff for me." She bites her lip.

"Then Dale doesn't need to know. We'll make sure he doesn't find out." I grab hold of her hand and she looks down at the gesture with furrowed eyebrows.

"This isn't just about shopping is it?" She whispers, looking back up at me.

I shake my head.

I want Lilah.

And I'm gonna have her.

A/N
Well... 💕