THREE

THREE
LILAH

I walk through my house just gone eight in the morning. A tired yawn escapes my lips as I dump my keys on the table and throw my heels on the floor.

"Where've you been?" Dale's voice enters my ears as I walk into the kitchen. He looks freshly showered as he stands in a crisp clean suit— clearly ready for work.

"Did you not get any of my messages? You literally disappeared last night, I couldn't get home because you had the keys and I had also been drinking." I sigh and he scoffs, making my eyes widen.

"My phone was off. Where the fuck did you stay then?" He frowns at me and I open the fridge and retrieve a bottle of water. "Did you cheat on me?"

I swing around and look at him in shock.

"Why would you think that?! No, I didn't cheat on you, Dale. Your boss said it was too dangerous for me to be travelling alone, so he paid for a room for me." I explain, but Dale continues to look at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"He has no business speaking to you." He says, his voice filled with distaste and anger.

"Well if you hadn't decided to be a magician and do a disappearing act, he wouldn't of had to of done what he did, Dale." I deadpan and walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs to our bedroom.

"I'm going to work, drop my lunch around one, I'll be too busy to get it myself." I stop half way up the stairs and turn to look down at him.

"You don't think I'm not busy either?" I scoff at his demand. "I've got a draft to finish."

"Baby, I'm not asking for much." I sigh and nod my head. He smiles and soon walks out of the house.

I release a tired sigh and go to get in the shower.

+++

I walk into the luxury office building. My heels sound quite loudly for my liking against the white marble floor.

I walk over to the receptionist who gives me a warm smile.

"How can I help you, lovely?" She questions and I smile.

"I'm just looking for my husband. He works for Burhan Industries, could you tell me what floor that is on?"

"Unfortunately, I can't let you up on that floor unless you are a member of staff or a family member of Mr Burhan's." I bite my lip and nod, now wondering how I am going to give Dale his lunch.

I send him a text but I know I won't get a reply because this man never looks at his phone — especially when it's me who is calling or messaging.

"Lilah?" I turn around and my heart flutters when I see Ollie.

Holy shit! I can't get over how hot this man is!

Stop it Lilah!

"Hello, Ollie." I smile at him and then look back at the receptionist who is now looking at the two of us with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here, beautiful?" I look back up at the tall man and hold the plastic container with Dale's lunch in.

"I've got Dale's lunch, but I'm not allowed up on your floor unless I'm family or a member of staff. Which is completely fine by the way, but he won't reply to my message and now I don't know how to get this to him." I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly when I feel like I'm beginning to ramble.

"I'll put you on the list, so then you can come up whenever you want." He smiles, pushing up his glasses and putting his hands in his pocket. "Come." He begins to walk over to a lift.

I throw the receptionist a small smile, which she returns and then rush to follow Ollie.

The lift doors open and we both step in. We stand side by side and I can feel my heart begin to race.

"Did you get home okay?" He questions and I look up at him to see him already looking down at me with warm eyes.

"I did, thank you." I whisper and he smiles, nodding his head and looking forward. I don't miss the small blush on his cheeks.

Cute.

"You smell really nice." He compliments, keeping his stare ahead.

"Coco Chanel." I nod and he also nods his head, brushing his hands down his suit.

The lift soon reaches Ollie's floor and we both step off together. He's greeted by all his staff who all seem to be very kind, they look between us with curious eyes.

I spot Dale talking to a brunette woman, a huge smile on his face. I feel a small pang of hurt because I don't remember the last time he looked down at me with that look.

What hurts even more is when he looks up and spots me, his smile falling instantly. I watch as he quickly mutters something to the lady and makes his way over to me.

By now, Ollie has left my side, so I am stood in the middle of my husband's work place alone. Very much out of place.

"What are you doing here?" He grits his teeth and I bite my lip.

"You told me to bring you lunch." I whisper and shrink back when he snatches the tub out of my hand.

"Yeah and you could of just left it downstairs at reception. How did you even get up here in the first place?" He pinches the bridge of his nose. I go to answer him but he cuts me off. "Do you know what don't even bother answering, I'll see you at home." He mutters before speeding down the corridor and rounding a corner.

I turn around and make eye contact with Ollie who had clearly seen the interaction between my husband and I. He beckons me over with a nod of his head and then walks into what looks like his office.

"You okay?" Is his first question as he shuts the door. I look around his office and admire the black interior. It's a huge contrast to what's on the opposite side of the door. "Lilah." I jump when I feel him place a gentle hand on my arm.

"I'm fine." I whisper.

God, this room is beginning to feel tiny with him up this close.

"Mmm." He nods and takes a seat behind his desk. I stand awkwardly, not knowing what to do with myself. "Your husband is a very lucky man."

"Why'd you say that?" I tilt my head, interested by what he means by that.

"I would love to have such a beautiful woman surprise me at work with lunch." He blushes, looking down at the paperwork that is scattered all over his desk. "It doesn't look like your husband appreciates that though." He mumbles, looking back at me and my breath hitches at his intense stare.

"And how would you know that?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Well he snatched the container out of your hands and he didn't even kiss you goodbye. I mean his face said it all." He shrugs and I clench my jaw.

"Enjoy the rest of your afternoon, Ollie." I dismiss him and walk out of the office.

A/N
I love you all 💕