Chapter 39: The Femme Fatale

Start from the beginning

At that moment I didn't know what to do or what to say, cause I myself was in shock. I was trying to process everything I just heard from Kureno; about Akito's mother and her relationship with her daughter Akito, about Kureno's curse being broken, etc.

I kept thinking that if Kureno's curse was broken, then there was a way to break the curse. And if we could figure that out, then I could help everyone else in the zodiac, especially Hatori. Hatori suffered a lot and he didn't deserve any of those sufferings. I wanted him to be free from Akito's wrath and this bond that bound him with Akito.

Half an hour passed by and finally, night fell. We were still at the park and at that moment Saki and her younger brother Megumi came to the scene. They noticed Tohru's depressed state and offered us to stay at their place which we gladly accepted it.

Right now Tohru and I were in Saki's room sitting on the floor at the kotatsu table.

"We're at Saki's place now." I said to Yuki over the phone. "Saki wants to have a pajama party tonight."

"That's so sudden." Yuki muttered. "Are you girls okay? Did something happen?"

"No, it's fine." I smiled. "We're good."

"If you say so..." Yuki hummed.

"We'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

With that, I ended the call and Saki walked into the room with a tray in her hands.

"The tea is ready." Saki stated as she placed two cups of tea in front of me and Tohru. "Careful it's hot."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Hana-chan? What brought you there?" Tohru asked.

"You were crying." Saki softly spoke up. "Natsu was there alone in the dark with you. It was in a voice no one but me could hear. You were crying so loudly. Something sad happened, didn't it?"

"Hana-chan..." Tohru sniffled as tears again started to roll down her cheeks. "I'm confused... so confused... Kureno-san... Kureno-san is Kureno Sohma...I wanted him to see Uo-chan, so I asked him to... but he said he can't. Because he has someone he needs to stay with... Kureno-san is a caring man who puts someone else's feelings before his own... I couldn't say anything! So many people have had to help me... but when it was my turn I couldn't do anything. I was useless! Uo-chan... Kureno-San..."

I sighed and moved towards Tohru.

"Tohru, please calm down." I said, wiping her tears away.

"Both of you do the same thing." Saki stated, looking at me and Tohru. "You two put others' feelings before your own. I worry about you two. If you keep taking on people's feelings like that and treat them carefully... and carry them on your shoulders... I worry that one day they will crush you both. I worry that if they crush you, we will never see your smiles again. If that happened..."

And right on cue, suddenly Saki's bedroom door opened up and it was revealed to be Arisa with Megumi standing behind her.

"If that happened, it would be the end of the world!" Arisa frowned.

"I called her." Saki smiled.

"Hey, Ari." I smiled.

"Hey, sweetheart." Arisa winked at me before looking back at Saki. "You told me to hurry so I ran all the way here from work."

"D-Did you hear us?" Tohru stuttered worriedly.

"I heard." Arisa walked inside the room and flopped on Saki's bed. "So listen... I'm trash for making you cry, Tohru."