(9) Crash land In Depoit

Start from the beginning

She smiled at the memories. The godly food made both her and her leg feel better. However, she could feel her ankle was far from being healed and that kinda made her feel useless.

"It is not yet fully healed. Gimme some more."

"Layla, we shouldn't risk it. They said too much could burn you up. I think we should try to set your foot." Jason said getting closer to her. "Can I?" He asked for permission.

"Have you ever done this before?" She asked.

"Yeah... I think so." Jason said. 

"Wow. Really reassuring."

"Piper can you hold her led still?" Piper did so. "Layla, this is going to hurt."

"Well, I kind of figured that ou-" Then she let out a scream from pain as he set her foot.

She wasn't the only one screaming. Leo was too. Apparently, she was in so much pain that without realizing it she had punched the closest item to her which just happened to be his arm. Judging by his reaction. She had punched him harder that she should have.

"Ow!" She said after Jason wrapped her foot with gauze.

"Jeez, Supergirl." Leo said rubbing his arm. "Glad my face wasn't there."

"Um- Why Supergirl?" She asked.

"You know, you can fly and-"

"Call me that and I'll punch you again." She threatened, however she would be lying if she said that she hated it when Leo called her that.

"You all did great." As Jason spoke Layla looked up only to realize that I had started snowing. How great. Snow was the last thing she wanted to see after her meeting with Khione.

"What happened to the dragon? Where are we?" Piper asked.

"Those are some very good questions, Pipes. I don't know with Festus." Leo said. "He just jerked sideways like he hit an invisible wall and started to fall. As for where we are..." He looked around. "Closed car plant. I'm guessing we crash-landed in Detroit." He desided.

 "So much for going to Chicago without being destroyed, huh?" Layla said.

"How far is Detroit from Chicago?" Piper asked.

"Maybe three-fourths of the way of the way from Quebec? The thing is without the dragon we're stuck travelling overland." Jason replied.

"No way," Leo said. "It isn't safe. You know, because of the prophecy."

"He's right." Piper agreed. "Besides, I don't know if Layla can walk, let alone fly. And four people- Jason, you can't fly that many across country by yourself, can you?"

"No way!" He said. "Leo, are you sure the dragon didn't malfunction? I mean Festus is old, and -"

"And you think I might not have repaired him right?"

"I didn't say that," Jason protested. "It's just- maybe you could fix it."

"I don't know." Leo said. He pulled some screws out of his belt pockets and started fiddling with them, something Layla noticed he did quite often, especially when he was nervous. "I'd have to find where he landed, if he's even in one piece."

"It's my fault." Piper blurted out.

"Piper," Jason said gently. "you were asleep when Festus was knocked out. It couldn't be your fault."

"Yeah. The last thing we want to do right now is to start blaming ourselves about that." Layla said. 'Besides, if it was someone's fault it was mine.' She wanted to add.