chapter 16 - The Downward Spiral

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Tory: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 6.12 "Prayer for the Dying", in Alaric's Loft, Kai was tied to the table.

Kaylin leaned forward against the table, looking at Kai. "What exactly did you do to Nicola?"

From 6.11 "Woke Up With A Monster", in the cafeteria, Nicola was sitting on the floor, tied up with vervain ropes.

Kai was sitting in front of her, putting a hand on the side of her head, using magic to cause her enough pain for her to let her guard down again so he could show her her memories, making her scream.

Kai: (voice over from 6.12 Prayer for the Dying) "I branded all of the bad memories into her mind with a spell, burned them into her subconscious."

From 6.13 "The Day I Tried to Live", in Tyler's dorm room, Nicola tried to step past the barrier. She held her head in pain, seeing a flash of memories that had been branded by Kai, attacking her mind at a rate so fast it would make your head spin, only it caused her physical pain this time.

Kai: (voice over from 6.12 Prayer for the Dying) "The longer that she has that branding hex on her, the worse the visions will get. Soon, that's all she will be able to think about."

Nicola breathed heavily, reeling, slowly backing into the wall behind her, slowly sliding down to the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees, closing her eyes, lying her head against her knees, looking as if she was at the breaking point.

Kai: (voice over from 6.12 Prayer for the Dying) "It'll eat away at her sanity until it drives her mad, or she turns her emotions off, or both."

Tyler and Nicola stood at the door on either side of the boundary.

"So, it's not just when you're alone or when you're dreaming, is it?" Tyler asked. Nicola slowly turned to face him, shaking her head. "Can you see them right now?"

The first touch of the boundary made the memories and the branding spell worse, making Nicola pull back, turning away in anger and frustration.

Kai: (voice over from 6.12 Prayer for the Dying) "What's worse than a crazy, emotionless, set-to-kill vampire?"

From 6.14 "Stay", in the Grill, Tyler and Nicola were sitting at their table.

"You're hanging on by a thread," Tyler told her. "Let me help you."

Nicola nodded.

From 6.14 "Stay", in the Grill, Nicola sat at the bar.

Sarah stood nearby.

Nicola looked at Sarah in surprise. "You're Sarah Nelson?"

"What's your name?" Sarah asked.

"Nicola," Nicola answered.

Sarah sat down next to Nicola, showing the pictures to her. She laughed nervously.

Nicola laughed, sighing.

Enzo: (voice over from 6.14 Stay) "Let's just say that I'm opening a door that none of you thought of opening."

From 6.14 "Stay", in the Grill, Kaylin and Enzo were talking.

"Letting there be no more secrets, between your family and everyone else who deserves to be a part of it," Enzo told her. "But there might be a few unorthodox ways of doing so."