chapter 46

"Jean." I whispered his name, poking his cheek.

He remained still with his eyes closed, keeping his strong arms locked around me so I couldn't move. I frowned, poking his cheek again. "Babe, wake up. We have to go to work." I whispered a little louder.

He hummed, his eyebrows furrowing for a second showing he was somewhat awake now so I decided to keep going. "Babe-" "I hear you." He groaned, squeezing my body closer to him. "I just wanna lay here a little longer." He whispered, his tone seemed stern because of his deep morning voice but I could tell he wasn't trying to be as he began gently rubbing my back.

I sighed, laying my head against his chest, taking in the warm feeling of his embrace. "I know you wanna cuddle and trust me, I do too, but it's our first day back." I said softly. "I already let you sleep in a little bit."

"I know." He sighed, "I was just up late."

"I'm aware," I laughed. "You didn't come to bed til almost 4 in the morning."

"We were on a winning streak. I couldn't just get off." He stated, removing his arms off of me to stretch his body, his toned muscles flexing as he held his arms up, his shoulder and back cracking as he let out a heavy sigh of relief. "I regret it now though." He laughed, lazily wrapping his arms back around me.

"Well, let's get ready." I smiled, looking up at him before gently reaching up to rest my hand against his jaw as he leaned into my touch. "Or we can lay here for 5 more minutes." He smiled, closing his eyes again.

"Do you wanna get scolded by Levi for being late on the first day back?" I raised an eyebrow as his eyes shot open. "No." He quickly stated.

"Exactly."

Jean and I got ourselves ready, gathering the few bags we had with our stuff before locking our apartment and making our way out to the car, Jean insisting he drive us to the studio which we arrived to within 20 minutes, the cities traffic not too bad today which wasn't surprising since it wasn't exactly beautiful weather out. Dark skies, light rain, occasional thunder indicating it would probably storm later on but I didn't mind, I found the rain relaxing.

"Doesn't look like many people are here. What time did we have to be here? I forgot to look." Jean asked, placing the car into park and pressing the button to turn it off.

"9," I replied, placing my phone into my purse.

"Babe..." Jean looked over at me before I turned to look back. "What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's 8..."

"Okay? We have to get our dressing rooms set up, go over our lines, and it's better we get a head start so we're not too behind." I smiled.

"But we could've cuddled for another hour." Jean frowned.

"We can do all of that later." I laughed, leaning across the console to give him a kiss on the cheek. "It's important we're prepared."

"We're not even gonna be doing much filming today anyway. We have to make sure our costumes still fit and everything." He reached over, gently grabbing ahold of my hand. "I'm tired, babe. I would've liked to sleep more." I examined his face and it wasn't hard to tell he was tired, his eyes still a little puffy and his bags tinting a light grey.

"You can take a nap on the couch in my dressing room while I set everything up if you want." I examined his eyes as his hand slid to my thigh, gently squeezing. "Hurry up so I can at least hold you for a minute." He said softly, his extremely quiet tone another hint giving away that he was in fact tired and more than likely not used to getting up this early.