chapter 32

I opened my eyes only to frown at the empty feeling in the bed. The spot where I thought Jean would be was empty, the covers flipped and the sheets a mess from where he previously slept.

I sighed, my heart sinking at the realization he might've just up and left after everything that happened last night.

I slowly sat up, holding the blanket against my bare chest as I looked around the room, Jean's clothes still scattered on the floor and his car keys and phone still sat on the nightstand. "So, he's here." I said to myself, my shoulders relaxing as my bedroom door opened. Jean walked in, his boxers on as a towel hung around his neck, his hair soaking wet and messy showing he had showered... without me.

"How dare you." I frowned as he laughed. "You looked comfy." He smiled softly, shutting the bedroom door behind him. "You still have that drawer of my clothes?" He asked as I nodded, pointing to my small dresser. "Top one." I motioned as he made his way over. "Is Sasha home?" I asked as he shook his head. "No. Connie said her and Mikasa crashed at Hitch's." He pulled out a pair of his sweats, sliding them onto his legs. "They're not happy." He laughed.

"Yeah..." I said softly as he frowned. "I'm sorry about last night. We probably shouldn't of done that." He walked over, sitting down onto the bed before handing me his shirt to put on. I pulled the fabric over my body before sighing, "I mean, it was great but like... ya know. Now here we are and nothings talked about and I know you're still upset with me."

"Yeah..." he breathed out, standing from the bed. I hated how different everything felt now. We had pushed aside the emotions and the problems but now they were on the surface again and we were faced with the fact that everything still wasn't good.

"Can you grab me underwear please?" I asked as he nodded, "Can't get it yourself?" He playfully smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Jean, my legs are sore and I'm just sitting here. I need a minute." I laughed as he reached into the drawer before tossing me the clothing. "Later," he started. "I'm gonna pick you up, we'll get food and go to the lookout and just talk about everything, okay?" He sat back down next to me, removing the towel from his neck.

"Why later?" I frowned.

"Marco and Connie made plans to help cheer me up so I'll be with them for the day." He reached over, grabbing ahold of my hand before gently running his thumb across my knuckles. "Who's all going?" I asked.

"Marco, Connie, Venus, and her sister." He replied. "You're more than welcome to come if you're down." He smiled as I shook my head. "No, it's your plans. Plus, I have a feeling Connie and Marco kinda hate me."

Jean laughed, shaking his head. "Connie was acting how Hitch clearly is but I'm sure if you just blow him a kiss or something he'll chill out." Jean joked as I rolled my eyes. "Hitch is definitely dragging you." I laughed. "I'm probably gonna get yelled at again but it's fine." I shrugged.

Jean stood up again, grabbing his clothes from the floor as he started to neatly fold them. "By the way, I locked the gun back up and loaded it so next time it actually has a purpose." He laughed. "But it's to stay in the safe and you better never bring it out again." He sternly pointed, sitting his folded shirt onto the bed. "Why not?" I crossed my arms as he gave me a 'really' look. "Are you forgetting that you aimed it directly at me?"

"I wasn't gonna shoot." I rolled my eyes. "It was for dramatic affect... but it ended up going horribly wrong and I just embarrassed myself." I crossed my arms.

"Still! It's not a toy!" He laughed. "Although, it was pretty cute. Turned me on a little bit, not gonna lie." He shrugged. "Why did you even bring that out with you?"

"Well... I was just kinda anxious cause normally you're there and I feel a lot safer so I brought it cause you know how gross men can be." I sighed.