Prologue

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy! If you have any suggestions or ideas, don't hesitate to reach out! :)

Important Terms:
(Y/N) = Your first name
(L/N) = Your last name
(F/C) = Favorite color
(E/C) = Eye color
(H/C) = Hair color
Anything in italics = Your thoughts

Background:
You were once the daughter to two loving parents, and you lived in a cozy cottage [shown above] in the woods near a small stream. But one day... things changed.

Long story short, you were transformed into a demon, and your mother and father were killed. At the time, your mother was pregnant... Unfortunately, after being turned into a demon, it's difficult to even remember details from your past life.

In the present tense, you spend your whole life lurking in the shadows, vowing to never taste even a single drop of human blood. As your months of living alone merge into years, you find yourself growing lonelier still, and you can't help but wonder, Is there really anyone out there for me?

Important Information:
This story won't really focus too much on the events of the anime/manga- at least in the beginning. If things are going to head into the manga, past the anime, then I'll make sure to include a spoiler warning.

Shinobu will be referred to as Kocho because of how Japanese honorifics and titles work.

Enjoy! <3