Dandelions

Sakura stood humming a soft tune while in a field not too far from her village, picking flowers for her home. She made sure to go early in the morning so she could surprise her young daughter, Sarada, with the flowers later.

Sakura spots a small dandelion and crouches down to pick it up but a sudden breeze made all the seeds fly away.

The Uchiha sighs and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, despite being too late to blow the seeds away herself she hoped the world had heard her wish anyway.

Sasuke lets the wind caress his face as he quietly watches his wife pick flowers.

He wants to greet her but he decides to wait a while behind the nearby tree. He watches fondly as she bends down to grab something.

Her hair is so beautiful in wind, Sasuke thought. He could watch her just like this for hours.

Unfortunately, these thoughts were interrupted when Sakura suddenly looked disappointed.

Worried for his wife's well being, Sasuke decided to he let her know he was there, and that he was home.

Sasuke picked up a dandelion from the ground
and approached Sakura.

Crouching down in front of her, Sasuke held the dandelion out.

"Good morning, Sakura."

Sakura was not alarmed by his sudden arrival, instead she smiled warmly at her husband.

'She must've felt my chakra presence. She's always been good at that, after all.' Sasuke thought.

Sakura then reached out and held the hand that held onto the dandelion.

The world has heard her wish after all.

"Good morning, darling."