Chapter Sixty

No sharing the same bed.

That was rule number 4 of his mother’s laws and yet here lay her daughter-in-law under him in his bed, and seducing him with her scent and spread legs.

Maybe she knew what she was doing to him, maybe she didn’t. The bottom line was; she’d brought herself to his bed-chamber, opened the bolt, and climbed into his bed. All of her own accord.

How could she not expect to get ruined?

Kieran drew his head back and his eyes met Elena’s blue gaze. She leaned up a bit, and her nose brushed his slightly.

“Can I stay?” she asked.

How could she not expect to get ruined?

His eyes dropped to her lips. He knew that once he kissed her, he would not be able to stop. He wouldn’t be able to stop his lips, his hands, and the rest of his body – unless she told him to. And he was no masochist to let it go that far only to halt and back out at the last moment.

Patience, Kieran.

With a groan, he rolled off her to the side and lay on his back. A battle between his body and brain had been sparked off, and it looked like it would take all night. Aside from Elena’s fear of thunder, he kept in mind her awful if not sensuous sleeping habits.

No rest for the wicked.

Lightning flashed and thunder boomed. Elena flung herself at him, her arm holding onto his naked midriff as her leg hooked around his thigh.

He tensed and stiffened – some parts more stiff than others.

Bloody Fuck.

How the heck was he supposed to just cuddle with her all night when all he could think about was making love to her?

As a start, he pulled up his sheets and coverlet so that they covered up her milky thighs. He needed to stop looking at those. Actually, needed to stop looking at all of her.

So he covered them both up to their necks.

It was quiet between them for a while, with Elena curling up against him and gripping him for the next two times the thunder rolled.  He’d had to wrap an arm round her shoulders for reassurance.

The pounding rain started to lighten, until it was a bearable drizzle. Kieran had been thinking of the most revolting things to cool his lust – like his grandmother’s concoction and the times Lukas had puked on him. It worked – sort of.

“Kieran?” Elena called.

“Hm?”

She hesitated before asking, “What did you talk about with Lady Alyssa? In the study after breakfast, I mean.”

Kieran inhaled deeply as the memory of that debate came into his mind, and sighed.

“She told me not to break any more rules,” he replied. “That I should mend the broken ones by keeping away from you the way she wants me to.”

Yet there they were, sharing the bed. Not his fault. On the bright side, he was pleased that he hadn’t been the rule breaker this time round.

“She said that I cannot force you to love me, and until you reciprocate my feelings, I shouldn’t harass you,” Kieran continued and grimaced. “But it’s difficult, Elena. Too difficult for me to abide.”

She lifted her head from his chest and looked at him, into his blue-green eyes.

“Because everytime I look at you, I can’t help but tell you I love you,” he said to her. “And I wish to tell you all about my feelings. It’s adoration, it’s desire and passion, it’s everything with you. Every sensation drives me crazy in love with you each passing day.”