6

y/n-

"Tell me about your deepest, darkest secret." I say.

Elijah is sitting on my bed with as we play truth or drink, I just got done with helping him mend his bruises. He won't tell me how he got them, he doesn't seem to come out of his shell and open up to me.

Elijah's face goes red, he seems nervous and scared after hearing that question but again that's the usual look he has on his face anyways. He keeps thinking as if he's contemplating in his mind, he eventually gives up and drinks.

"Ask me now, it's your turn." I brush off whatever he did.

He smiles and hesitates before asking, "Are you single?"

"Yeah." I say and he nods.

"Do you hate me?" He says even though it's my turn. This makes me realise this question is important to him, he is asking it outside of the game.

"No." I reply.

"Then- why do you bully me? with Jack?" He isn't looking me in the eye, he stares off at the wall ahead of him.

"Why are you on Jack's side?" He continues to talk when I don't reply.

"I'm not on his side! if anything I've always wanted to distance myself from him but he'd make my life a living hell in school if I did so. All through-out middle school, he was the popular jock, just like how he is now. He made everyone turn against me because I said I don't want to hang out with a bully like him." Elijah touched a soft spot by brining that up.

"He's awful." Elijah replies.

"I know he's a dickhead and so were his friends, they- made me start self harming. I was sucidal too. My brother and his friends made me feel that way. I- only go around picking on people with him now because I don't want to end up in a dark place like that again, I'm so sorry for everything I've said and done to you. From science homework to those ciggarette burns, I'm sorry!" I feel tears rolling down my cheeks, I opened up about something very serious and personal.

Elijah hugs me tightly and draws circles on my back with his fingers, "I'm sorry you have to deal with that stupid shit being your brother." He says. He is right.

We stay like for a while then I break off the hug, our eyes collide and I gaze at his full lips. I do what feels right and kiss him. He kisses me back instead of running away this time. I used to think he was an asshole for that but now I think he just has social anxiety.

We deepen the kiss and I get on his lap. I dug my hands under his shirt and feel his abs and his hands travel down to my lower back then we both stop. It's like something simultaneously clicked in our brains.

"Do you want to take things slow?" He asks and I nod in agreement. My eyes land on the window and it's pouring.

"You can sleep here tonight if you don't wanna get wet." I propose this offer.

"Thanks." He smiles. God, he is pretty.

He throws himself on my bed and turns off the lights. I roll my eyes at his zany antics and join him. I cuddle up to him and wrap my hands around his chest, he smiles and holds my hands. Soon, we fall asleep like that, in each other's arms.

-

(the next morning)

Elijah was already awake when I woke up. We chat for a while then get ready for school, separately of course. I then take him downstairs to have some breakfast but on our way I hear commotion going on in Jack's room, he must be home. I roll my eyes.

Our parents aren't home still but Jack sure is. He notices us and freaks, he runs towards us and almost tackles Elijah to the ground,

"What the fuck are you doing here? I told you to stay the fuck away from my sister! You're so dead, dipshit." He yells and Elijah gets behind me to take cover.

"I invited him over." I fold my arms and say firmly. Jack laughs.

"Are you stupid? You can't be hanging out with him- think about you reputation at school."

"I don't care about my fucking reputation at school, I have better things to do Jack. I have a real personality unlike you." I and Elijah laugh at his face and leave, he was fuming.

I feel a connection with Elijah, I want to see what becomes of us. Slowly but surely.

We part ways at school for our classes.

Elijah-

I am so not over y/n, she kissed me yesterday!!! she fucking kissed me and I didn't ruin the moment!!! I'm so proud of myself. She also stood up to her brother for me. Life seems to be getting better, I guess it's true that there is light at the end of the tunnel, cheesy but true.

One more memory from last night stands out to me, when y/n asked me about my deepest, darkest secret I thought of telling her about the bracelet because it's bugging me so much, it has taken over my life but what if she think I'm crazy? I don't want to scare her away or something.

That's what I thought yesterday but today, I feel different. I can't contain such huge amount of information inside of me forever. I am walking to lunch right now and I can't fight this problem on my own, I need help.

I want someone to talk with me about this, I need to figure shit out. I pull out my phone and message our group chat which has Denis, Alex, Sub, Corl in it, I also text y/n separately. I invite all of them to the forest where all of this started. I tell them I have something VERY important to tell them.

I know I had a fight with Denis and Corl betrayed my trust but I don't care. I need them right now more than anything and if they really are my friends, they'll swallow their anger and show up at the forest, for me.