#16: Tears

• Dedicated to Louis Tomlinson

Woah! It's been so long, I know. I'm freaking sorry but I'm working on my fanfic, Anchor, here on Wattpad so I got no time lately, really..

Anyway, just enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment, ha. :)

~R'.xx

#16: Tears

His arms wrapped quietly around your shaking body, and his heart was beating faster than ever, close to mine. It was afternoon, and you were standing there, hugging each other, the pale light of the dying sun was coming in through the windows of your shared flat. After a long day at university, tears of pain were running down your cheeks, so quickly, so unstoppably that all you could do was to let them fall down, unable to make them stop, as he was softly fondling your hair with his hand, too afraid you may fall into pieces.

He slowly made your head fall on his shoulder, his hand still caressing your hair. Nobody could ever get so deep into your heart, so far inside your eyes.. He rubbed your back soothingly, and you just held him even tighter, glad he was there for once again.

"Calm down, love", he mumbles, his body still so close to yours, "I know it's not easy, baby.. Just, please, stop crying, I hate seeing your eyes so sad.."

Like he had said the opposite of that, your eyes just became even wetter. Totally unable to stop, you let him play with the soft curls of your hair, to peck a kiss on top of your head afterwards. "It's alright, it's gonna be alright", he just whispered, his arms wrapped now ever tighter around your body, his breath so calm on your neck. Stepping back, he let you off his arms, and your puffy eyes met his own ones. As soon as they did, he let out a slight smile. "You're so beautiful, even when you cry", he simply whispered, his voice so soft that it sent shivers running down your spine. His thumbs softly wiped away the tears, which were still running down your face. Speechless, you let him continue. "And I don't think that you're the one who deserves to cry", he said, "You deserve the best, my angel." Forcing a smile between your tears you hugged him again, just as tight as before or maybe even tighter. "I wish I could freaking make you stop crying, love", he said then, a sigh escaping his lips, "People like you deserve nothing but happiness." His voice echoed so strong and soft inside your torn up heart. Admiring the endless blue inside his eyes, a blue which reminded you of the deepest ocean, you just sighed. "It's just gonna be okay, time will pass and the pain will just go away, I promise it will", he cupped your face with his hands and then approached closer, to peck a soft kiss on your forehead.

"I just love you, too much", you softly said, as he thumbed away another tear. "Hey", he bent his head towards you, taller as he was, and a look of tenderness shined on his face. "I love you, too, you know that, don't you?", he caressed your cheek. You simply nodded and he left another kiss on your hair. "Now, smile, baby", he said, a little bit louder this time.

Of course, you could do nothing but follow his order. Letting out a gentle smile, this time a real one, you noticed the bright sparkle of hope inside his eyes, shining so intense, so hot. He just smiled back at you, and you fell into his arms again, his arms which wrapped around you like a wave of hot air, warming up your heart tenderly.

You stayed like that for many minutes afterwards. Totally glad, he was holding you and you closed your eyes, taking in his perfume, that familiar, so gentle dove, as he waited for you to feel better, to explain, to make him understand who had hurt you so deeply..