♔ xxiii. "Again."

Start from the beginning

"We... didn't really get the chance to talk..."

"Yeah, that's probably because you're ignoring her, right?" Kei grinned like a Cheshire cat. She had no idea why the hell he was ignoring Seulgi, nor what really transpired between them but she does know that they suck at their communication lately.

"I wasn't ignoring her." Jimin pointed out in defense but Kei wasn't convinced.

"Doesn't really look like it though."

"I'm not... I'm just giving her time and space to sort out her feelings. When I'm around, she could just be disillusioned and end up confusing my presence for false affection." With clenched fist, Jimin's eyes could only look down. He knew this was the hard route he was taking, he was probably risking everything here, and the more he prolongs it, the more he realizes that it's not working out the way he hoped it would. Just like how it's panning out as of the moment.

Kei looked away from him and sighed. "I don't know the extent of her feelings for you but I do know that she's not the type of girl to just half ass her feelings towards anyone for that matter." There was a short silence between them and probably a moment of realization as well. With mixed emotions, Jimin rushed towards the infirmary but not before thanking the girl who left words of wisdom.

Big words coming from me. Kei could only shudder at her boldness.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was no use. No matter how much she tried to pretend she was okay, her temperature and the heaviness she felt said otherwise. With so much worry, Wendy was reluctant to leave her there but she had to leave for theater class and Seulgi wouldn't let her miss it anyway.

There she was in bed, too weak to even get a drop of water to quench her thirst. The wet towel on her forehead wasn't as cool as she had wanted it to be as well. The medicine she had taken didn't show effects as soon as she desired either. Seulgi felt cold and the blankets weren't enough to warm her as she shivered.

She could only hope that she would end up fainting to numb everything but she felt too uncomfortable for sleep to even kick in. That fever, that Satan's rollercoaster, appears to have peaked and she could only bite her lips in frustration.

"Jimin-ah!" The only name that could distract her from the myriads of pain she was experiencing right at that moment. But the voice that called out to him somehow didn't sit well.

"Wheein." A pang in her chest forced her eyes to open as she heard his melodic voice call out someone else's name while she hadn't heard hers for as long as she could remember. Lost to the unknown, Seulgi couldn't help but pull the covers off of her and dangle her feet off the bed as she sat up.

Her gaze turned to the window, walked towards it and there he was, smiling. The prettiest thing she has seen in a while; his smile that extends to his eyes and deep into his soul, a gentle touch, so vibrant and free. Seulgi froze, her heart sank, her chest in pain as if an elephant had just stepped on it. The weight had forced her to gasp for air, suffocating at the sight. What was it? What is this feeling called?

Jealousy is what it was. And what of that pain? The type of pain that would force you to cry out to that person you wish who would save you. To pull you out of that hellish place, burning and aching. Her emotions turn jagged and her insides tight. It felt so raw, like there's no skin over her pain and the wind makes it bleed. The fever rushing through her head, mind blank as she called out weakly.

"-min..." Seulgi's voice cracked, her throat parched.

A whistling breeze blew past, and one last cry;