38

I woke up and turned over. Severus wasn't lying next to me. I stretched my hand over to his side and felt the bed was still warm. I sat up and got out of bed. I peeked in the bathroom attached to his room. He wasn't there. Maye he is downstairs making breakfast for us. My heart warmed at the thought. I headed downstairs.

I stopped on the stairs. Sev was putting on his shoes.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked. 

His head jerked up. "Uh yeah." He said. He went back to putting on his shoes.

"Where?" 

He sighed and stood up. "Nowhere you need to know."

"Why can't I know?"

"BECAUSE YOU CANT." 

I jumped. 

He sighed. "I am sorry. You just can't know." 

I walked the rest of the way down the steps and stopped right in front of him. "You're supposed to be my boyfriend." I said. 

He grabbed my hands gently. "I am." 

I ripped my hands away. "Boyfriends don't keep secrets from their girlfriends. I wanna know where you disappear for hours or days at a time."

"I am sorry Y/N but I can't tell you." All of a sudden, a thought popped in my head.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"No no no no no no. I would never." He said as he violently shook his head.

"Then tell me where." I spat.

"I am so-" I cut him off.

"If you really love me, tell me." I said quietly.

"Y/N don't do this." I expectantly stared at him. He flinched as if he was in pain. "I am sorry I have to go." He turned and walked to the door. He looked back over his shoulder. "I do love you very much." Then he was gone.

The whole rest of the day I stayed in my room. I was too angry to do anything but stare at the wall.

I flinched at sudden pain on my palms. I looked down. I was clenching my fists so hard that I pressed crescent moons into them. I stretched out my fingers. I grabbed my phone and laid back on my bed. I started texting Draco.

Y/N: Hi

Draco: Hey what's up?

Y/N: Snape pissed me off

Draco: Doesn't he do that to everyone?

Y/N: Yeah. I guess

I texted Draco for a few hours until I heard the front door open. I checked the time. Six pm. I told Draco that I had to go. I put my phone on my bedside table and waited.

Just as I predicted Severus came to my door. He knocked two times.

"Y/N?"

"What?"

"Can I come in?" 

I sighed and sat up. "Fine." 

The door opened and he stepped in and closed the door behind him. He took a step closer to me. "I am really sorry about this morning."

"If you're so sorry you should tell me where you are going." 

He walked over to me and sat down on my bed next to me. "I need to keep you safe and in order to do that I can't tell you." 

I scoffed. "I don't need you to protect me."

 He grabbed my hand. "You might think you don't need me to but trust me you do."