Ushijima Wakatoshi

AUTHOR P.O.V

you walked into the the Tokyo Metropolitain gymnasium with the rest of the Kitsunai team, you were extremely nervous to be here since this was your first time being here since you ahve made your comeback in your third year.

You nervously looked around the big hall that was filled by people they looked weirdly at the team, they had never even heard of the school written of the back of your jerseys "why are they all staring at us?" Satsuki asked as she walked up next to you, she was the libero of the team and frankly your best friend ever since you started at Kitsunai Academy "they don't know our school" you anwsered as you walked into the gymnasium itself.

There were already lots of teams inside and warming up, your first opponent was too, Shiratorizawa's girl team. You basically felt the determination radiating of them, you could also easily spot the other team up in the nosebleeds from Shiratorizawa. Their gaze was scary to say the least.

You were snapped out of your trance when the captain of your team clapped in her hands "all right, lets hit some balls first, exceot you (Y/N), you're stretching" you sighed but nodded and you walked to the side ig the couet and started stretching while watching the rest.

At the start of the match you were benched, which you had no idea about so you were pretty bummed about it, you could also feel someone burning holes into the back if your head but you resisted the urge to turn around.

"Coach, who's that?" Tendou asked as he pointed at you, he wasn't the one watching you though, surprisingly it was Ushijima Wakatoshi who was staring at you with narrowed eyes fir some reason "that is (Y/N)(L/N), Ace from Kitsunai Academy. They apparently call her the Shadow or something like that" "why would she be on the bench?" Ushijima questioned. Washijo sighed and shrugged "i wouldn't know"

You bit the inside of your lip as Shiratorizawa took the third set. Coach called the rest of the team to discuss the strategy "alright. Mia, i'm subbing you out for (Y/N), we need to score more points. (Y/N) go toss some balls with Mia. I already told you the strategy" you nodded and walked off with Mia.

"You ready for your first match?" She asked as she tossed the ball up to you. You nodded "yeah, and we're up against Shiratorizawa so that makes it even better" you said ad ypu spiked the ball down to her hand, (Y/N) smiled at the familiar feeling and it just got her more excited.

The referee whistled as he took place, (Y/N) and Mia ran back to them team "let's not show them any mercy, we are Kitsunai Academy!" The captain, Suzy, yelled out as they all put their hand together on a pile "yes!" The rest followed after "1,2,3..hey!" The hands flew up and the volleyballers from Kitsunai walked onto the court and took their positions.

(Y/n) stood by the net behind Miyazaki as Suzy served the ball. You could compare hers to Oikawa if you wanted to, she was just even more punctional than that he was with his serves. She jumped up after the ball and sent it over the net, havinf the ball land almost a second later in the far right corner just inside the corner "nice serve captain!"

Kitsunai just needed one more point to win the game, Suzy turned to (Y/n) and nodded, she grinned and spun the ba in her hand before throwing it up and your eyes followed fhe balla as it started coming down, you brpught your arm forward and hit the ball, the float serve surprised Shiratorizawa as the setter had to touch the ball for it to not touch the ground.

They had no choice to pass it normally pass it over since the setter wasn't ready there. You stepped back and followed the ball closely but kept still.

Ushijima hadn't even noticed what you were doing, you had fallen back on the court until the setter tossed the ball up into the air "there isn't anyone the-" Shirabu's words were cut off as you suddenly jumped out of nowhere and hit the ball unbelievably hard. Their eyes widened as the ball smashed into the ground ending the game.

The girl's team stood there shocked, they had just lost to an unknown school while they were tge famous Shiratorizawa, they had never lost any match but now they had. The ref whistled the game had officially finished.

The rest of the Kitsunai team jumped and cheered around (Y/n) in celebration while you wore the biggest smile on your face.

You were walking down the hall, not looking where you were going because you were texting your mom. You had to stop though whne you bumped into a hard chest which you fisrt thought was a wall. You looked up and caught Ushijima staring down at her. "Kitsunai's Shadow?" You stood up slowly and nodded "that's what they call me, but my name is (L/n)(Y/n), You're Ushijima Wakatoshi right? Shiratorizawa?" He nodded.

"I watched you beat my school, you are a great player" (Y/n) blinked a few times 'he's really blunt with his words' you cleared your throat "i watched one of your matches too, you're awesome" Ushijima nodded and put his hand out "i want to practice with you in our free time"

Your eyes widendd and your jaw dropped for a second "are you asking me out?" You asked while taking his hand, he actually nodded "coula i also have you number?" He pointed at your phone. You slowly noddex and passed him your phone so he could put his number in. He gave the phone back and you smiled up at him "i'll text you later Ushijima, have a nice day"

You started walking away when you heard him speaking again "Tendou, i asked her out, did i do well?" You waited until you were around the corner and covered your mouth as you laughed, you were definitely texting him later.