Chapter 5

Summary: Scott learned that the Money was going to punish Derek for breaking the truce by transforming another wolf, Jackson. Without really understanding why, he was forced to intervene. Following the confrontation, where he definitely took the wolf camp, they had to flee, taking Stiles with them, following his request. The latter also wants to become a werewolf.

End of the previous chapter:

He observed the moon, his tight jaw.

- Make it not that.

Chapter 5

Irrational attachment

Lost in his thoughts, Derek realized with the sunrise that he had done much more than his watchtower. Facing the rising sunlight, he smiles in spite of himself. Going to bed would certainly not have allowed him to sleep, he had far too many things in mind. At least Scott had been able to sleep a little. His fine hearing was attracted by some noises below, discreet but easily audible to a werewolf. One of them had to be lifted.

He straightened up, stretched and went down to join the early rise.

Stiles was looking for something in the cupboards and sighed with a desperate air. He hadn't even noticed it. To report his presence, the oldest was noticed.

- Lut.

The other turned around.

- Derek! Already standing. Say, you managed the races yesterday, you wouldn't know where we put the chocolate powder, I'm looking for it everywhere.

So that was it. From what he had seen a drama was going to be played out.

- Stiles, I'm sorry, I didn't take any. I just had coffee. Don't you like that?

In view of the person's head, he guessed that the answer must be no. The latter therefore contented himself with a bowl of milk, while not muttering, while the oldest prepared coffee.

- I should go get Scott, he doesn't need to stay up there anymore now that we're awake.

Oh yes, it was Scott who was supposed to keep the house at this time. Finally, Stiles might have noticed that Derek was not dressed like someone coming out of bed. But it must have been too focused on the absence of cocoa powder.

- Let him sleep, I took his guard last night.

Stiles looked at him with an inquisitive air. He said nothing, but his astonished look appeared on his face. Derek wasn't the kind or understanding kind usually or at least that wasn't the image he gave of him. Seeing him sacrifice his sleep in this way was all the more suspicious. But he didn't have time to ask more questions because Scott passed the door.

- Hi.

The young man was not very awake. He sat like an automaton on the chair next to Stiles and put his head on the table, as if to continue his night.

Derek smiled at this attitude, which did not escape Stiles. Something was happening, he was sure. He promised to conduct the investigation, especially when he noticed Derek's tone when he addressed him. The latter usually spent his time barking more than talking, but there, he seemed almost sweet.

- Scott, what do you want for lunch?

The latter raised his eyes still fogged with sleep towards him.

- Hot chocolate.

Slight silence.

- Uh, there are none. I only have milk or coffee to offer you.

- Never drank coffee.

Derek was once again struck by the youth of his companions. Milk chocolate remained for him the children's drink and hearing that they only drank it only marked their age difference a little more.