"Evan." His name being called snaps him out of his daze, eyes scanning over the photos of the girls he couldn't save, and as he looks up, meeting the eyes of Rebecca, he presses his lips into a thin line and sighs. "George said that it's best we leave as soon as possible. The CFPD finally requested our presence, so we should go. We can talk about the case more on the plane." Everyone else had already packed up their things and headed out of the conference room, leaving him and Rebecca before he nods his head and shuffles the pages together.

On the plane they all reread the case, it's been a while since looking into it again, but as the infamous killer resurfaces, it takes some refreshing to remember all the details for them, but not him. He knows this case inside and out, as if he could recognize the man if he saw him walking down the street, but he has yet to be found. Even after five years of looking for him. To him, it feels like it's been a lifetime, and he's set on making this trip to Chagrin Falls, Ohio the last time he has to board the plane for this faceless monster.

    "So we know his target, blonde, teenage girls who don't get on well with others—so is he trying to punish them by killing them?" George thinks aloud, sat in one of the chairs with the case out in front of him like everyone else was.

    "Like he's trying to get rid of the high school mean girl." Rebecca nods, remembering it from the endless number of conversations they have had about the man. "We have reason to believe that he's been targeted by one when he was in high school, maybe he was an outcast that got rejected or bullied."

    "But he's gained some confidence since his high school days, and a shit ton of it if he's so willing to make a small town like Chagrin Falls his new playground." He says lowly while resting his head on his fist, "But it only makes it easier for us to find the guy."

    "The CFPD have one suspect right now, a kid named Derek Randolph." Rebecca says, "But it would only make sense if he knew of the other crimes and was trying to recreate them."

    "Why is that?" George asks, clearly new to the case.

    "Because he's too young to be the real deal." He answers, "Our perpetrator started killing these girls around four years ago in New York, that would put Randolph at fourteen years old and he still lived in Ohio at the time." Other than the working plane engine and the flipping of pages, silence fell over them as they thought as hard as they could, reading over every page in the file in hopes to read between the lines.

    "Unless he's the copy cat." George suggests and he shrugs his shoulders before answering.

    "We'll just have to talk to him."

    "So the heart thing" George starts, "it's a fetish?" George ends up asking, and before he can reply, Rebecca does.

    "We believe it's more of a souvenir, something to keep for his accomplishments. He doesn't sexually assault them, the physical assault they endure is mostly minimal and probably due to their efforts of escaping the restraints he puts them in—except for Amanda Duncan, he kind of lost it with her. But it's about the kill, the control he has over them." Rebecca explains, "We can talk to the chief of police once we land to get more details," Rebecca says and they all nod in agreement while using the rest of the flight to work on the case.

Once the plane touches down in Cleveland, they take a car to Chagrin Falls, where he would hopefully put an end to the cycle he had gotten himself stuck in with the murderous stranger. To him, it feels like he's been pining after this man for a life time, losing in every aspect as more girls wind up heartless and six feet under, but he's certain that this time will be the time he finally gets ahold of him. He has to, especially in a small town like Chagrin Falls where you can pretty much walk from one side of town to the other within hours.