15!

link: spoti.fi/3CcgFb8
CALL IT FATE, CALL IT KARMA | THE STROKES
LUXURIOUS | GWEN STEFANI
SISTER OF THE MOON | FLEETWOOD MAC
BUZZCUT SEASON | LORDE

    "He's back."

Through the thick cloud of smoke and the stench of the burning cigarette, he looks up at the woman stood beside his desk, holding the thick case file that only get thicker as time goes on. He doesn't have to ask for any more details to know exactly who she is referring to, so he sighs with a nod, taking one last drag of the cigarette before putting it out and standing up from his cluttered desk. His tie is too tight, albeit he makes no move to change how it fits around his neck and takes the case file from her hands.

    "Everyone's already waiting in the conference room, sir." She tells him as he walks, and while he already knows this, he nods his head anyway as a silent thank you, something he does quite often. "If you need me, I'll be in my office." Is all she says to him before parting ways just before reading the conference room.

In the conference room awaits the two other members assigned to this impossible case with him, both looking through the same file that's in his hand, one that always seems to grow as time goes on. When he enters the conference room, the chatter between them quickly dulls out, even the talk about the case loses volume, because when he's in the room, it's time to find solutions, not dwell on the problem at hand. He doesn't bother sitting down in a chair like them, he never does, but he paces as he reads over the most current killings done by the same man who has terrorized more cities than one can think of.

    "Kelley Laken, Celina Nelson, and Amanda Duncan were all stabbed and killed the same way the rest of the victims were." He says as the pictures of their bodies and the crime scene are laid out along the table in front of everybody. "Left in the forest with no clothes and their hearts missing from their chests, but Amanda Duncan was found next to a jogging trail, beaten pretty badly, but her heart was missing like the rest—"

    "Could be a copy cat?" Rebecca suggests with a shrug to her shoulders, "A town like this one doesn't get much infiltration, there could be someone who's taken inspiration."

    "Could be . . ." He hums with a nod of his head, knowing a copy cat killer wouldn't be too much of a long shot, "But there was no DNA found at Amanda Duncan's crime scene, and she was disposed somewhere more public than the last two, so I don't think an amateur can pull that off."

    "He could have a partner maybe?" George thinks aloud, having one of the freshest pair of eyes to the case considering the new transfer to the location, though everyone seems to know about this case by now. It was infamous for several reasons, the time period, the lack of evidence, the pile of bodies, the cluelessness they all seem to be dealt in regards to who the man was. "The difference in disposal might be because of an outsider influence."

    "But Chagrin Falls is a small town," Rebecca begins, being one of the few people who was working with the FBI before this case came along. "So he could either know someone there and this is his end game or he's looking for a challenge."

    "Kill as many girls as he can before getting caught?" George asks in confirmation and he replies before anyone else gets the chance to.

    "Looks like it." He says with a sigh, "Or like Rebecca said, he knows someone there, maybe the woman he's been recreating the death of."

Since getting handed the case, one of the theories concocted was that he's trying to recreate a death of someone he knew, someone he may have killed in the past, someone he wish he had killed in the past. His victims don't range, all young teenagers in high school with lengthy blonde hair and a bad reputation, and he leaves every single one of them heartless, left in their most vulnerable state. They haven't heard about him in a while, the last place he tormented was Chicago, Illinois, and after traveling five or six hours west, he had found a new city to wreak havoc within.