13!

link: spoti.fi/3xUmebE
BUSTED AND BLUE | GORILLAZ
MOONLIGHT ON THE RIVER | MAC DEMARCO
SATURDAY | DESIRE
DON'T DELETE THE KISSES | WOLF ALICE

Terror rips her from her sleep just like it has the past seven nights, jerking her up from her bed while struggling to catch her breath. Her skin is warm with sweat, mind spinning from the same, reoccurring nightmare that had plagued her mind when Kelley first went missing. She's alone in the woods, she calls out for help, and no one ever comes to save her, only someone who's looking to kill her. She wakes up when he shoves the knife in her, right through her spine and to the front of her chest, though she never turns around to see who it is. She just knows that they killed her, and she now loathes sleeping because of it.

She leans against her headboard, pulling her knees up to her chest, and as she checks the time on the clock, she heavily  sighs in annoyance when noticing it was nearing five in the morning. The air was cold outside her window, the sky was still dark, and the only light being emitted into her room was from the moon, shining down on her hot, glistening skin. With a small pout on her lips, she grips her sheets and tears them off of her legs, knowing she won't be able to go back to sleep again any time soon, and pushes herself up from her bed.

She makes her way through her bedroom and to the nearby bathroom, hating the way she felt with her pajamas clinging to her sweaty body. Her feet are too warm against the chilling tile floor of her bathroom for it to be comfortable, but she quickly gets used to it and bends over to start the bath. The water sloshes in the tub, filling up as she strips, and as she looks at herself in the mirror, she winces at the pale skin and stringy hair. She hasn't been doing well, her emotions have taken over her being, and every time that happens, she loses motivation to do . . . well, anything.

She turns away from the mirror, not wanting to see anymore of herself, and notices the bath was almost full, steaming hot from the temperature of the water. She turns off the water, not wanting to flood her bathroom at five in the morning, and gets in slowly so she can adjust to the warmth. Her hair is tied up, saving it from the water, and as she leans back against the edge of the tub, she winces at the coldness of the untouched area, but again, she gets used to the feeling.

She remembers when she took a bath at Harry's house, how smoke filled the air and how he touched her underneath the bubbles. The memory almost makes her smile and she silently wishes he were with her now, but her father was home and surely wouldn't appreciate any part of Harry being near her while naked. He's been fairly calm about her spending time with Harry, she assumes it's because he's so busy with work and because Johnny's made her look like an angel for many years before this, but despite her assumption, she doesn't wonder for too long.

She's just grateful at this point.

The warmth of the water does wonders in response to her routine nightmare, relaxing her muscles and mind from the erratic state she was in before, but she quickly jumps when hearing noise come from inside her room. She's scared beyond belief, wide eyed with her heart pounding while her mind goes over every possible scenario—every single one, she ends up dead as a door nail with her chest gashed—and when she hears a couple of knocks placed lightly on her bathroom door, she freezes.

    "Josie?" It was her brother, knocking on the door while standing on the other side, and his familiar voice sends her body loosening in the tub as she quickly rolls her eyes. "Are you okay?"

    "Yeah, 'm fine." She answers quietly, surprised that he's even up at this hour, although she's more than sure that he was woken up by the sound of her running the bath if he was anywhere near conscious. "Do you need something?" She asks when noticing that he was still stood in front of her door, she could see his feet from underneath the door, and she wasn't exactly sure what he wanted. It was a rare occurrence for Johnny to be in her room, knocking on her bathroom door, asking if she was okay, he wasn't the most caring brother to ever live, so this was somewhat odd.