07!

link: spoti.fi/3eM2WOg
TURN BLUE | THE BLACK KEYS
TULSA JESUS FREAK | LANA DEL REY
SLEEP WALK | SANTO & JOHNNY
LOVERGIRL | TEENA MARIE

There was an peculiar day in late September that was sunnier than the rest, hotter too as a bead of sweat rolled down her temple, though she doesn't go to catch it before it reaches her jaw, too preoccupied with tugging at the bottom her her dress and the newfound blisters forming on the back of her heels. Black was a difficult color to wear in the sun, collecting the sunlight that beams down unforgivingly, but again, she doesn't focus on the warmth, but on the sadness that has overcome the town of Chagrin Falls once again.

Her father was busy with work, she assured him he didn't need to be there with her, though that didn't leave a vacancy by her side because Harry stood there, wearing the same pants as last time, though he had discarded the jacket he once wore and slung it over his shoulder, holding on to it by the curve of his pointer finger. He was hot too, the same sweat lined his hairline like it did her own, but he doesn't move to wipe it away, but let's her lean into his side with ever heavy sigh she releases.

He smells so good, she thinks to herself, trying to think about anything other than the poor girl lying in the casket, dead as a door nail with her parents sobbing not too far away. She didn't like Celine, not many people did, but in a town like Chagrin Falls, tragedy incites unity, and almost everyone was in attendance for the funeral of Celine Nelson. Now Kelley's death wasn't a fluke, it wasn't something to be ignored and forgotten about, but something to be looked into and investigated.

By the time the pastor was done and the eulogy was shared, she was leaned into his side with her arms crossed over her chest, saddened and full of conflicting emotions that she couldn't untangle. To the spectators surrounding them, Harry Styles was seen as the family friend of the Smith family, consoling little Josie Smith over the death of another classmate. He wasn't seen as Josephine Smith's new romantic interest, the person she dreams about in her sleep, or the name she doodles in her notebook when in a daze at school.

    "'s so hot," He mumbles to her as her eyes drift up to meet his, only he was strung straight ahead with a clench to his brows, "you'd think it's June."

    "I wish it were."

Nothing else was said between them until the funeral was over with, when they left the church and made their way back to his Mercedes-Benz, parked amongst the rest of the cars, though it was far nicer than most. He opens the door for her and lets her slide inside before closing the door, rounding the front of the car with a stoic look to his features, and quickly climbs in to turn on the car. She doesn't say anything, she doesn't have much to say with a dull, emotional exhaustion creeping up on her, so as she leans against the door of the car, she looks out the window silently, sat stilly in the passenger seat with a spread hand on her leg.

Since the day Celina Nelson's body was discovered in the woods like Kelley Laken's was—naked and sewn back up through her chest—she had felt sick to her stomach. Emotions tend to pull at her like the gravitational force on the salty riptides in the ocean, nothing is forgotten or unnoticed by her, and even with the differences she had with Celina, no one deserves to be killed like that. She didn't believe in much, she was easily swayed by a stern voice and a stride of confidence, but she knew right from wrong when it came to life and death, and she knew this was wrong.

Everyone knew it was wrong, but everyone wasn't available for her to trust anymore. She has lived in Chagrin Falls her entire life, her father too, but now there was someone wrecking havoc in the town she had always felt safe in. Up until now, of course. Her father keeps a calm aura to him, he has always been that way in the tremors of tough times, and she can't lie, it's helped her stay calm too. If it weren't for her father being so comforting and unfazed on the exterior, she most likely would have freaked out more than she did, but her father was a professional doctor as well as a professional father, and he knew how to parent her best.