Chapter 3

Later that night the Doors are playing their gig. It was completely sold out. Everybody seems to have a good time except for Jim.

After that gig we're going to a bar to drink something. We order some Jack Daniels and smoke cigarettes.
I ask: „ Sooo, where do you want to go first?"
„What do you mean?"
„Our break. What country do you want to visit first?"
"Oh you mean that... I have been thinking about it and I think it's better if we stay."
He takes a sip of his drink.
„Really? I thought you wanted to leave as soon as possible..." I say surprised
„Yeah but you don't want to and if you're not happy I'm not happy too"
Deep inside of me I knew there was something wrong and that something bad would happen.
The Doors are working on a new album and I see Jim barely. After the studio sessions he goes with his band mates to a bar and gets drunk. It's always late when he comes home. On his free days he goes somewhere and gets drunk or high. Mostly both. I'm really worried.
We are on our way to visit a house which he wants to buy.
„ Jim, are you okay?"
„ Yes darling why do you ask?"
„You're barely home and when you're home you're drunk, high or both..."
He looks at me
„ Maybe because I am always working and have no privacy..!"
„ That's not really an excuse for your beha-"
„ NOT AN EXCUSE?! I'M THE ONE WHO HAS TO COME UP WITH THIS SHIT!"
He's getting really angry. He stops on the middle of the road.
„ Why are you so aggressive?!"
„ You know, if you wouldn't have wanted to stay here we could be somewhere else and everything would be fine!"
Now I was getting angry.
„ NOW IT'S MY FAULT?! I SAID IT WOULD BE FINE AND THAT WE COULD LEAVE!!!"
He whispers angry:
„Hah, it would be fine. You never wanted to leave"
I'm so angry. I step out of the car and slam the door. Jim drives away. I'm sitting on the road crying because I don't know what to do. He changed. I didn't fall in love with HIM. Where is the sweet, shy Jim Morrison who loves poetry?