No, he couldn't talk about the divorce part, what if she agreed to it? Her lawyer was the one with the documents, and could register them immediately with a single word from her. Then the matter would really slip out of his hand completely.

Then should he just confess he loves her? But if he did, and she would not like him having those feelings towards her... what if she distanced herself from him and actually insisted to sleep in another room? Each time he got closer to her these days, she didn't appear to distain him, but she also hadn't shown she would approach him of her own accord, if he wasn't the one making the first step.

All kind of thoughts swirled around Zane's mind... ethical and unethical, sane and crazy ones. He was a level headed upright person, but his love for her had changed him a hundred and eighty degrees, at least in her regard.

It seemed like just how he told Aria previously that she was the only exception to the rules in the company, could also be applied to him. She was the only exception to everything that made the old him.

Slowly opening the bedroom's door, after he had dismissed the maids, allowing the two women to return to the mansion, Zane's gaze was immediately caught by the small bump wrapped around a fluffy blanket, who was already deeply sleeping away. The slow and even breathing being a clear evidence of this.

With quiet careful steps to not disturb the small beauty, he quickly finished his night routine, before gently lifting the cover and hugging the small woman in his arms. Then only one small peck on her cheek was needed for Aria to cuddle more comfortably in his embrace, as he gently stroked her hair and back. 

Only at this moment, could his worries be a bit relieved, as he felt her flowery scent and her small warm stature in his arms. But he was aware, if he only took a step away, the matters that haunted his mind would come back swiftly to the last of them. 

Tomorrow morning, he promised himself. Tomorrow he would talk to her again, just for tonight he wanted to stay like this.

Although, Zane really intended to do what he promised, somehow this couldn't be fulfilled.

The next morning, Aria woke up as cheerful as ever, as though the face she had last shown him when she left his office the previous day was a lie. She ate as properly and as happily as ever. She even recounted to him smilingly about Pudding's latest mischievous deeds.

The atmosphere was as best as it ever was, if not better, causing him to have second doubts on whether to bring the uncomfortable subject to discussion. He did not want to face her sad expression again. He did not want to disturb the peace they had.

'So I will wait for you at lunch. Alright, little one?' He patted her head, while he was preparing to go out. 

He had mulled over the issue of telling her, he thought about opening the discussion with her the entire morning, but in the end he couldn't bring himself to speak about it.

Aria really did change him, she had made him a coward. She had made him weak and greedy for the sweet smile that she was showing now, as she slowly nodded her head in confirmation. So Zane could only let the matters rest for the moment.

Later, he promised himself again. 

He was one to keep his promises no matter what, but he had broken one promise to himself already, so another broken promise... no one could know for certain it would never happen.

As the door closed, and the handsome professionally dressed man left for his job, the smiling Aria stood still. She kept looking in the direction Zane had left towards, as though there was no wall between them. No wall between them physically, and no barrier between their hearts, she convinced herself.

The convenient marriageजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें