And when he flashed Ara a smile, she gathered she would like him. Her nervousness allayed a little.

"Good Morning, sir. I am Arabella Garcia. Sister Teresa must have told you about me," she started with a smile

"Yes. Yes... sit down," Mr. Brown crossed over to his side of the table.

"So, Miss Arabella, sister Teresa told me that you used to help her in her medical duties. Would you mind telling me what you've learned from that so far?" he put his hands on the table and clasped them together.

Arabella gulped back her hesitance and managed to string words together.

A few more questions and she was selected.

Mr. Brown told her about the condition of Angela and how she didn't only need physical aid but emotional too. He asked her if she would be able to do that. Arabella nodded without missing a beat. She knew what she was throwing herself into. She was prepared for it, at least she thought she was. The young woman's determination impressed the older man a lot and he ended up offering her the job.

Robert asked her if she wanted to meet Angela. She responded with a smiling nod.

The house had a complicated interior. She realized it was going to take her some time to memorize all the turns and corridors. Mr. Brown led her through different alleys and they finally stopped in front of a wooden door. Mr. Brown knocked at the door. A woman in her late 40s opened the door.

"Mr. Brown," the woman greeted him and stepped back

Mr. Brown entered the room, Arabella hot on his trail. Her eyes scanned the room and halted at a little girl who was sitting in a wheelchair with her face towards the window. She was peering out through the window. Arabella felt a tug at her heart. She didn't need to see her face to feel the gloom that was radiating off of the little girl.

"Mrs. Davis, she is Ms. Garcia. the new caretaker of Angela," his voice broke her from her thoughts.

"Ms. Garcia, she is Mrs. Davis, the current caretaker of Angela," Both of them shared a polite smile and shook their hand.

"Mrs. Davis is leaving next month. You can join from then," Mr. Brown informed her.

"You can have a word with Baby Angela if you wish to. She doesn't talk much though," Mr. Brown briefed her with a tinge of despondency.

"I would love to," Ara replied graciously. She had a soft spot for kids, in fact, she liked to spend her time more with innocent children than the girls of her age.

"Alright, then. We'll be outside," Mr. Brown informed her and started towards the door. Mrs. Davis flashed her a kind smile before following Mr. Brown.

Now it was just her and that little angel in the room. She walked over to where she was and kneeled beside her wheelchair. The little girl didn't take notice of her.

"What are you watching, little one?" Arabella enthused. The little girl didn't even bother to turn her way, she kept staring out the window. But Ara didn't let it dampen her spirit. She put on her best smile and held her hand out in her direction.

"Hi, I am Arabella. What's your name?" she queried cheerfully. The seconds passed by but her question never met with an answer nor did her hand with hers. The little girl was just watching something that was happening outside.

Ara followed her line of gaze. She felt disheartened when she realized what she was staring so keenly at. There was a bunch of kids playing football in the garden. Tears pricked Ara's eyes as she turned to look at Angela. She also wanted to go out and play just like every other child. She was too small, too tiny, to fight through life. Why did God have to be this cruel with an angel like her?