7) half an hour

Maddie's POV

Cristina was cynically drinking coffee, watching workmen replacing the Seattle Grace Hospital sign with a Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital one with a look of disgust as me and Alex enter side by side only adding to her sour mood.

Doctors with orange scrubs crowd the hallways running round, I don't really mind to be honest. It's not like they can be any worse than this lot right.

When we finally reach the locker room it's packed, with new faces running round like headless chickens. I almost didn't notice it, it was so sublet, but Alex slowly closed the gap between us almost protectively as he scowled at the new meat.

Suddenly Izzy's voice breaks the silence, her voice bitter as it aims at a small red head "Oh, hey. You can't put that in there."

"Oh, they told us to grab a cubby."

"Yeah, I know. It's just ... We keep it empty for a reason. Can you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there you can use." She says glaring towards me as she does so.

"I don't think so."

"Can you just...I said take it out!"

"Come on.." Alex motions for me and so we but our stuff away and leave the scene Alex glaring daggers at Izzy as he does for her earlier comment.

"It's an invasion." Meredith says breathlessly once the group is in the hall.

"hey took George's cubby." Izzy grumbles sending yet a another lovely look towards me, Alex clenches his first to witch I grab the, gently and his body relaxes at my touch.

"They're locusts ... Comfortable locus, feeding on our surgeries."

"It's rude. There should be at least a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table. And what's with the orange scrubs? What, ours aren't good enough for 'em? I mean sure I wouldn't want them to wear ours but god even queeny does" Alex growlers at this animalistic and I take this as our due to leave.

"Hey you know the rules" Alex looks at me his eyes soft yet his face hard with emotions "very half an hour you eat two meals with me"

"Yes sir" I mockingly salute.

"I'm serious angel"

"I know..."

"Half an hour" he calls to me walking backwards and not taking his eyes of me until he is out of sight.

Today I was only hit twice my folders only knocked out of my hand five times and glared at...well I don't know how many times. But in the commotion of everything, between patients and new doctors I man or may not have forgotten to message Alex.

I mean we all knew it was going to happen. What I didn't expect however was for him to come barrelling down the hallways and quite literally pick me up and place me over his shoulder as I was in the middle of suturing a patient.

"Alex what the fuck" I yell kicking my legs to his chest and hitting my glove covered hands to his back.

"Keep going see what happens" he warns but I didn't listen. Suddenly his ha d comes up hitting my backside as he continues his march.

"ALEX" I scream, "angel" he deadpans in return.

"What the hell"

"I warned you, now sit" he places me on a bench outside the hospital throwing a sandwich and a juice box on my lap.

"Serious-" I start but just one look at his face tells me all I need to know. As I eat he watches me like I'm the most fascinating creature he has ever beheld.

"Tonight.. I'm driving you home-"

"Well duh you drove me here" I interrupt but immediately shrink when I see his eyes and he continues.

"I'm going to make you dinner. You will eat it. Then I will go thorough you draws every last one, I will check all medication, all knives, razors and anything else I can think of" he runs his hand through his hair "then and only then will you shower, go to bed o4 watch some tv and get a decent amount of sleep".

"How am I suppose to shower without a door"

"I told you I've seen it all before, and I'll look away" he says but it doesn't stop the deep blush from invading my cheeks. "Half and hour". He whispers as if it pains him.

"Half an hour" I confirm and we simply smile just a little a5 each other, hardly detectable but it's there.

He cares for me.