The party

Dean woke up at 8:30 AM. He got out of bed, got dressed, and made his way downstairs. When he got to the dining area, his parents were already there, waiting for him.

"Good morning." John said, taking a sip of his morning tea.

"Happy birthday. Your father and I have something for you." Mary said, smiling at Dean as he sat down.

"What is it?" Dean asked.

Mary looked at John before reaching behind her and grabbing a small box. She handed it to Dean and smiled again.

Dean accepted the box and opened it, seeing what was inside. Inside the box, was a gold ring on chain. It had been his grandfather's ring.

"Thank you both so much. I love it. And I love you." Dean placed the chain around his neck. He stood up and walked around the table to hug his mother, kissing her cheek.

"Happy birthday son." She whispered.

Dean sat back down and ate his food happily. The rest of the day was spent getting everything ready for the ball. Dean was in his room trying to pick which outfit he was going to wear, the maids cleaned and decorated everything, and the chef baked a huge cake.

John was doing some kingly duty stuff in the throne room, and Mary was helping Dean. Mary left the room so Dean could change, and Dean sighed loudly after putting on his chosen outfit. He looked at himself in his full-length mirror and smiled. Mary returned a couple minutes later.

"You look very handsome. You'll make a fine king one day." She said, placing a hand on Dean's shoulder. She kissed his cheek before leaving again.

Around 7:30, guests started arriving. Princes and princesses from different kingdoms all around. Dean smiled but inside he was nervous. He could meet his future wife. Or, perhaps a husband. But, John wouldn't approve of that. No, Dean had to find a bride. A wife. And that was what he had every intention of doing.

Dean made his way around the room, introducing himself to a lot of princesses and dancing with them for a bit. So far he'd found.......no girls that peaked his interest. And he'd already gone through more than half of them.

'I was afraid this would happen.' Dean thought to himself as he scanned the room for another princess to talk to.

He looked around for about 3 minutes, before his eyes landed on someone. A man. He couldn't keep his eyes off of him, no matter how hard he tried. He was about 6'0, he had dark hair that was combed neatly, bright blue eyes, and light tan skin.

'Oh shit.'

Dean stared at the man for a couple minutes before forcing himself to look somewhere else. He swallowed hard and tried to take his mind off of the man, but it was terribly hard to do so. He searched the room for his parents, and found his mom standing near a corner talking to one of the princesses. He quickly made his way over to her.

"Where's dad?" He asked.

"Oh, he left. He had to go deal with some stuff. He should be back later though, why do you ask?" Mary replied.

"Nothing. It's a great party. Thank you mom." He quickly hugged her and left.

Mary just chuckled and continued her conversation with the girl.