Chapter-7

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ
ᴏʜ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ
ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
....

"C'mon Celeste, go cook something." His tone is challenging. I don't know what is going through his head.

"Go on, that's what you want right? I'm helping you in your plan Celeste, no need to act shocked." He continues, venom dripping from his tongue.

"What plan? I don't understand." He lets out a humourless laugh. "Drop the act, I've met a lot of people like you. Does your boyfriend know what you're doing right now? Does he know that you're in some other man's house right now?" He steps closer but is careful enough to not touch.

"How many men do you want Celeste? One boyfriend is not enough for you? Logan? What about him? Is he not enough? Or the new guy? He's not enough that you've to come for me? Let me tell you, you're never going to get me. I'm engaged. Still, want me? Or do you have some morals?" He seethes.

I will not cry in front of this man.

"Fuck. You. Chase. Fuck you." I take a step back.

"That's what you came for, didn't you?"

"I'm glad I got to know what kind of a man you are, and I'm glad I'll be finally leaving your shitty company soon, thanks for opening my eyes."

"I don't have time for your ramblings, get out."

"Happily. I hope your fiancee knows what a shitty person you are." I pick up my purse and leave.

The tears that I controlled back there were full-on streaming down my face. Those words weren't new to me, but I guess he was the last person I expected them to come from.

Luke takes one look at me as I enter and is on his feet.

"Are you okay Celly?" He asks, concern filled in his tone. Apart from my boss practically calling me a slut? Yeah. I'm totally fine.

"Yeah, just tired."

"You were crying." He says, more of a statement than a question.

"Something entered my eyes, I'm fine Luke. I'll head to bed now. Goodnight." I remove my shoes and head to my room.

I sneaked out as I kept tossing and turning in the bed, not able to get his words out of my mind. They kept replaying in my head.

I sat on the empty bench when I felt tired after running. I looked up at the sky, barely seeing two-three stars.

Engaged. He is engaged. Even a man like that has someone in his life.

"It's a man, isn't it." I heard a voice beside me. I look at the person sitting beside me, even in the darkness, I can tell he's good looking.

"How'd you know?"

"Wild guess." He looks up at the sky. "Whoever he is, doesn't deserve you."

"You don't know me, I might be a criminal. I might do this every day, I might kill you after robbing you." I say seriously.

"Trust me, I'll know. I come here everyday, it's the first time I'm seeing you here, on my spot." He says.

"It's mine now."

"I don't mind sharing with a pretty girl." He grins. I hum, looking back at the blank sky. "What's your name?" He asks.

"You might be a killer for all I know."