Chapter 30- Two Things at a time

With a few bags in his hands, a man walked along the bustling streets of New York. Though it was 7 AM, people were seen hurrying to work, coffee, or school, while the man strolled calmly with a mischievous grin. his eyes traveling across the various stores until he located the one he was searching for, Starbucks.

Having just finished ordering a dozen of coffees, his phone rang and he answered.

"Hello, there-" he started but was interrupted by a frantic voice.

''Where the fuck are you? How long will I be covering for you, Damon?''

"Wow, Mrs. Alaric Salvatore, if anyone heard you, they'd assume you're worried about me." Damon mockingly says as he glances out the shop window.

''Stop playing Damon. I'm drowning in Stefan's, Elena's, and everybody's questions about your whereabouts. What do you expect me to tell them? That you woke up in the middle of the night and went to New York on a whim?''

''Yup. I mean, isn't it what I did?... I don't know, history- sorry ex-teacher make up a story. And why are they worried about my location? I'm out of their lives, right?''

''Sure, tell that to your brother who's still convinced you had something to do with the council's sudden death.''

''Yes the council, poor poor old weird people. No matter how boring I found them to be, they were somewhat entertaining trying to catch the big bad vampire. Do you think they could say hi to John for me?''

When Alaric hears his mocking tone again, he warns: "Damon..."

''What? Anyways, ignore them, they'll leave...just like Stefan's funny side.'', the vampire humphs before he was called over to receive his order.

''Be serious with me for a second. Things are still strange here and we have no clue on what happened to them so please j-''

''Ooh, looks like I'm about to enter a tunnel. Bye Mrs.Ric Salvatore. Stay clear of crowded places.''

''Damon! Don't you dare-''

Pretending the connection was cut, Damon took one of the plastic bags and brought it next to his phone. ''Ric- h-hello I can't- there...a...tunnel-...b...ye.''

Once he hung up, he smirked and went to retrieve the coffees. Next, he resumed his walk around the town with a relaxed composure, unaware of the hectic morning some vampires were having.

__________

I'ma do just what I want on the regular

And it's really not my fault if you're scared of a

« SWEET, LITTLE UNFORGETTABLE THING! », is what was heard throughout a mansion, with vampires wincing at the shouting voice.

The entire mansion awakened startled and with racing pulses as the song began on this Monday morning. The vampires would have gone on a rampage if they hadn't already faced such an event. However, with their enhanced hearing,  they immediately recognized who the voice belonged to while also being terrified of what it announced.

They rushed out of their rooms, irritated expressions on their features, but little grins on their lips.

A particular black American, on the other hand, could not feel the same, since his first idea was of being kidnapped and forced into a cult. But when he came out of his room and saw a blur that looked suspiciously like his new best friend and was screaming at the top of her lungs, he realized he hadn't been abducted and just entered another dimension.