Chapter 3.

Jatavia POV
Bronx , New York
October 31 , 2020
(12:00 am)

I walked into the party with Jovon behind me. I wasn't upset with her but I was. I never been with anybody serious no how but I care about this girl too much. I understand her concerns but she gon kill me if I have to keep living off that.

I can't even kiss her. I've never had a sexual encounter with anybody that I wanted to have. But it's different with Jo. I know she's genuine and I really don't do the whole feelings thing but I know I'm feeling her.

Now if a bitch come up here and dance on her we gon fight. I'm not entertaining nobody besides Jovon anyways not like I have an option but I don't want no other options. Plus shes heavy over-protective of me right now but I've been getting my way more and more. Eventually she'll let me attempt to join the business she's in. I'm sure she doesn't want me to have no parts but what else can I do?

The only reason I listen and compromise with Jovon is because she's the only person who's ever cared for me in this way. I know she's trying to figure everything out which is why I cut her a break. She's been teaching me a little, I've been way better with reading and words and shit. She got me reading this book to her currently. It's not the best book but I know she likes it.

Although I'm kind of upset with Jovon I know I have to stay with her on my arm tonight in case anything goes down.

I felt her grab my arm.

"Stay close to me," she gritted in my ear.

I rolled my eyes. I was gon stay close to her though.

"Hey what's up," I saw the same girl from the picture on Jo's fridge. She had a cheetah costume on it was cute and all.

"Hey, Latto this is JT, JT this my friend Latto," She introduced me.

"You the girl that my friend trippin huh?" She laughed

"That's me," I smiled.

Somethings off about her.

"Here let me get y'all a drink,"

Before we could declined she got us some cups. I don't drink no how but I'll sip on this for the night.

"Come on Stalli we gotta talk to the crew it's been too long," Latto grabbed on Jovon.

"Hold on, come with us," Jovon turned towards me.

"Nah it's fine, I'll just sit at the bar okay? I'll be good," I convinced her. I don't want her to have to feel like she has to babysit all night plus I don't mind being on my own. She gave me a look and I nodded in reassurance.

Before I knew it she was off talking to her friends with Latto. I found my way to the bar , sitting on the stool farthest to left near the DJ.

"Hey pretty lady you want something to drink?" The bartender walked over to me.

"I'm good, I got something to sip on already,"

"You don't want something else?"

"Nah I'm good I'm good," I smiled softly. I'm sure he was just doing his job.

"She good Quavo," two thick light skin women walked over to the bar.

"Hey girl, you from round here?" I heard her thick accent. Definitely born and raised in the Bronx.

"Yeah,"

"Well I'm Cardi, this my friend Diamonté and that's this used up ass nigga Quavious," she pointed to the bartender.

"Chill on me," he sucked his teeth. He ain't all that cute no how.

"Well my name JT,"

"I like that," Cardi complimented