Lost in Time: Part 3

It had been exactly one month since Y/N ended up in the '80s and well, let's just say it's been interesting. Mr. Miyagi was the only one who knew about Y/N being from another time and Y/N didn't even question how he knew.

He did everything he could to help her, but he was just as confused about her situation. "Maybe this all dream." He stated one day when he was teaching her kata. "Then pinch me." Y/N said sarcastically. Mr. Miyagi reached over and pinched her arm, making her yelp in surprise. "I was just kidding!" Y/N yelled, rubbing her arm. Mr. Miyagi just shrugged. "Couldn't tell."

Another interesting thing was the rivalry between Johnny and Daniel. Instead of fighting over Ali, they started fighting over Y/N. Just thinking about it made Y/N shudder. It was like someone erased the original story and replaced Ali with Y/N. That's what it felt like to her anyways. Ali herself was very sweet and made sure Y/N felt welcomed at West Valley. She quickly became Y/N's confidant and closest friend. Y/N was also friends with Daniel, Johnny, and the other Cobra Kai's, but Ali was someone Y/N felt like she could talk to and not worry about her trying to date her.

Y/N nearly gagged at the thought of any of the boys liking her, Johnny and Daniel making her feel the sickest. Johnny was her father and Daniel was like a father to her. Not to mention he was her best friend's dad.

"Hey Y/N!" Daniel greeted, hugging her. "Hi Daniel." She replied, reluctantly hugging him back. "Are you going to the Halloween dance?" He asked as the two walked side by side. Y/N gave a small shrug. "I'm not sure yet. Are you?" Y/N asked back. Daniel shook his head.

"No, I think I'll just hang out with Mr. Miyagi."

"We could go together, if you'd like."

"That's nice but I'm not in the mood to deal with Johnny and his snakes."

"Have they been bothering you much?"

"Not since the incident with the hill."

Y/N winced at the memory. She had been talking to Mr. Miyagi in his shed when they both heard shouting from outside. Y/N had walked outside to find Daniel yelling at his mom as he threw his bike around. His forehead was bleeding rather badly. After his mom had given up on finding out what happened, Daniel told Y/N everything. 

"Well I've got to go but I'll see you later." Daniel said, hugging her again before walking off. Y/N gave him a small smile before walking off. "Hey! Pretty girl over here!" Y/N heard someone call. Y/N turned around to see Johnny and the Cobra Kai's waving her over.

"You know, Tommy, I do have a name." Y/N stated as she walked over to the group. Tommy shrugged his shoulders with a grin. "I know but pretty girl seems to fit you better." He winked. Johnny rolled his eyes. "Anyways, Y/N, are you going to the dance?" Johnny asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Y/N shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. Daniel isn't going so I don't know if I will." She replied. Johnny rolled his eyes bitterly. "Why do you hang out with that loser so much?" He asked, his tone filled with jealousy. "Because he's my friend. Plain and simple." Y/N responded.

The other boys just watched them. Jimmy cleared his throat, breaking the tension. "Well, we would love if you came with us, Y/N." He said. The other boys nodded their heads in agreement. Y/N sighed. "Alright fine I'll go." She gave in. The boys all cheered excidely, making Y/N smile.
-----------------------------------------
Y/N, Susan, Ali, and Barbara walked into the school gymnasium, the sound of music and loud chatter meeting their ears. Black and orange decorations were hung on the walls while a disco ball hung from the ceiling, casting white lights on the gym. People were milling around, dressed in different costumes and chatting excitedly to their friends and significant others. The girls pushed their way to the punch table to get something to drink when an interesting cosutume caught Y/N's eye.