Another love: AU! Edition

A/N: back with another au. Warning this one is sad.
——————————————————————
Miguel stared at the grave, his eyes misty with tears. He really thought she was going to make it. She was so strong and she was getting better, but then everything went downhill. Now all he had left of her was a stone with her name on it.

Miguel heard the soft crunching of grass and turned around to see Sam walking towards him. Miguel gave her a small smile before turning back to the grave. Sam and Miguel had practically clung onto each other after the incident and there was definitely some tension building between the two. Miguel wasn't sure he could move on though.

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care

But it's so cold and I don't know where

"Hey." Sam spoke softly, taking the seat next to him. "Hey." He replied back. "I knew I'd find you here." Sam stated. "Where else would I be?" Miguel questioned. Sam didn't say anything. She walked over to the grave and placed down the rose she had been holding.

I brought you daffodils in a pretty string

But they won't flower like they did last spring

Miguel looked over at Sam and just watched her. They were both hurting and needed each other. Miguel lost the love of his life and his best friend while Sam lost her best friend and her boyfriend, Robby. He had been arrested for her death. While Miguel lost one person, Sam lost two.

And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright

I'm just so tired to share my nights

Sam sat back down next to Miguel, her eyes glassy with unshed tears. Miguel reached over and grabbed her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Seeing her like this hurt him deeply but he didn't know what to do. He felt almost numb like there was nothing left for him to feel.

I wanna cry and I wanna love

But all my tears have been used up

Sam laid her head on Miguel's shoulder and silently cried. Miguel ran a hand up and down her shoulder trying to comfort her. He loved her, he knew he did, but he couldn't. He shouldn't love her. He knew he wouldn't love her the way he loved Y/N. He would never love anyone the way he loved Y/N.

On another love, another love

All my tears have been used up

"I'm so sorry, Miguel," Sam whispered. "Hey, it's ok," Miguel reassured, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "No, it's not. This is all my fault." She cried. Miguel turned to Sam. "None of this is your fault, ok? And it will never be your fault." Miguel argued, his eyes burning from unshed tears. Sam sniffed before throwing herself into Miguel's arms.

On another love, another love

All my tears have been used up

Miguel tightened his hold on the girl and buried his face into her hair. The two sat there, holding each other as they cried for their loss. Maybe Miguel could learn to love Sam if he let himself. Maybe he could learn to cry again, to feel again. But for now, all his love was saved for the one person he loved. The one person he would never have again. Y/N L/N.

On another love, another love

All my tears have been used up

Oh, oh
----------------------------
A/N this is a shorter one but I actually really like it.