61 || Mile High Club

Start from the beginning

I knock on the door and when I get no response, I try calling his name. "Alessio." I call softly but I get no response.

I didn't know if he was giving me the silent treatment, ignoring me or just couldn't hear me but I try again. Louder this time. "Alessio!"

Still no response. "Alessio." I hiss angrily as I turn to see some of the men eyeing me weirdly.

I send them all small smiles and turn around but instead of calling the idiots name, I resort to pounding on the door like a madwoman.

The door slowly and hesitantly slides open, just an inch, and it's only enough for Alessio to peek an eye out.

He looks surprised to see me and so I decide to push past the idea that he could have been ignoring me and instead take a calmer approach.

"Can I come in?" I ask softly.

He eyes me, his face telling me he's upset. "Is the tripawd with you?" He asks and I heave a sigh.

Although he's stopped referring to Cucci as an it or a mutt, he hasn't started calling her by her name either. Instead he's been calling her tripawd- the term for a three legged dog.

"No, she's not." I say. Alessio slides the door open another inch, the space giving him more room to check me up and down and when he sees no puppy in my hands, he steps back, opening the door so I can walk in.

I walk into the room, shutting the door behind me as I stand in place and watch him.

The rooms a complete mess, his carry on bag is thrown on the bed and he's got clothes flying out of it like he's gone through it a few times, he's got his shirt off and tossed on the floor next to the desk that's pushed up against the wall.

He paces back and forth, curses in Italian under his breath and I lean back against the door, crossing my arms as I watch the grumpy man work himself up.

Aside from the fact that he's cursing the dog out, he looks nothing short of captivating.

He's in nothing but a pair of slacks. His body is tense, making the tight ridges of muscles peek out. The gold chain around his neck compliments his tan skin perfectly and when my eyes trail down to his hands that are balled into fists. They focus on the veins peeking through the skin all the way down to his wrist where his watch lays.

"What's the problem?" I say, snapping my eyes away from trailing his body and instead looking up to his attractive face thats currently set into a scowl.

His jaw is tight and he sends me a glare, lifting an arm up to point a gold ringed finger towards the door, behind me. "That tripawd is the problem." He spits in disgust.

I raise a brow and tilt my head. "Oh really? What did she do?" I stop the knowing smile from creeping onto my face because I knew that right now, he was riled up and it wouldn't go over well with him.

Alessio was frustrated, angry and his patience was running thin. It was hot, but it also meant his dominant alpha side was begging for a chance to be let out.

"Besides the fact that she chewed through my shirt?" He growls angrily, glaring at me from the other side of the room. "Oh, I don't know, what about the fact that you've been so obsessed with her that you've completely forgotten about all your other responsibilities."