i. family of five.

Começar do início

"You're late," Pope informs as the girl stops the boat right next to the house's dock, rolling her eyes as she turns off the engine.

"I figured you'd mention it," she shrugs.

JJ whistles Bali over, making the giant brown dog trudge towards him as he rubs his head lovingly, playing roughly with the pup as he grumbles playfully and pretends to tackle the large animal. Oakley watches the blonde play with the pup with a soft smile as she steps off the boat and hugs Kie's shoulder, pulling her closer.

"What? No beer for the late-comer?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at the ones down on the ground.

"That should be a new rule, you know, we should stop saving you a beer if you come so late—"

"Oh, come on Pope!—"

"I'm just saying!—"

The two bicker playfully as the dark-skinned boy grabs a beer from the cooler and throws it to the girl. She grabs it in the air and looks up at John B.

"Hey, Brave! Mind to get down here and talk like a normal person?"

JJ jumps up onto the scaffolding, sitting with his legs and hands dangling over a metal railing from the construction. Right below him lays Bali, enjoying the company.

"Yeah, can you please not. . . kill yourself?" Kie adds, looking up with squinted eyes as she holds a hand above her eyes.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one," JJ says from down on the dock, making Oakley chuckle and pull away from Kiara to head next to him.

"Woah!—"

Suddenly, John B's can of beer comes flying down from the roof and smashes onto the ground right before her feet, nearly crashing on the top of her head.

"Shit-" John B mutters sarcastically, clearly doing the thing on purpose to tease JJ, "Ugh," he complains as he extends his hands out to the smashed can on the ground.

Oakley's eyebrows furrow and she steps back, her jaw slack in offense, "What the fuck, John B?! You could've killed me!"

"Sorry Red, be more careful next time!" He jokes and she scoffs.

"You know what, the next beer is going straight to your head—"

"Of course you did, like right when I told you—"

Both JJ and Oakley begin complaining jokingly as clapping comes from the blonde sitting on the upper surface, Kiara's laughter joins in as she mutters lighthearted insults under her breath. Oakley laughs along as she lightly punches JJ's arm and climbs next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder as he rests his head on hers.

"Hey, uh, security's here." Pope suddenly announces as he leans over the railing of the balcony, tapping on the wood, making Oakley groan audibly, "Let's wrap it up,"

"Boys are early today," JJ acknowledges as he turns his head up towards John B.

Sliding her arm off JJ's shoulders, Oakley hurries the boy down by lightly shoving him off the scaffolding, jumping right after him. She climbs down the stairs and jumps the last level to the ground.

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll!"

JJ lets out an eager squeal as Oakley pats Bali's butt, signaling the dog to get up and follow after them. The girl runs towards John B, helping him down by standing on her tiptoes and holding his hand.

"Let's go, guys," Kiara bites her bottom lip with a grin.

"Gary is that you?"

Oakley giggles as she grabs two cans of beer and puts them inside her high-neck white top— one on each boob.