"It's actually not as bad looking on me as I thought it would be", you said, turning your head to see the up due from different angles.

"Y/N, what did you think? That you would look like Floch? Please, trust your girl a little more than that", she said putting her hands on your shoulders. You laughed, thinking about Floch's birds nest of a hair.

"Good thing he got rid of it, I don't think I could have met the sight of him one more time without losing it completely", you giggled as you got up from the chair.

"Me either, honestly", Sasha joined in you your laughter while putting on her coat. "I guess we have to get going now", she sighed. "The days off seems to get less and less... I swear it's been weeks since we didn't have some meeting to attend"

"I know how you feel". You slipped the boots onto your feet. "What I would do to get a day at the beach... But duty calls", you grabbed Sasha's hand and made your way to the vast meeting hall where all of you had been spending most of your time recently.

...

For a while you waited outside the doors to the meeting hall, some of the higher ups seeming to grow more and more impatient for each minute that passed.

"I still don't get what a nation is", you heard one of them whisper to a couple others, however his sharp tone didn't really work in favour for his attempt to keep it lowkey.

"Anyways, now we've got leverage with Hizuru!"

"What if this is a trap?"

"I suppose we should ask Yelena's opinion"

"No! That's exactly what they want!", one of them suddenly exclaimed a bit too loud.

"One thing is for certain: The sea has connected us to the world, but we're still just a child learning how to walk". You all turned to see Pixis speaking to the group of garrison officers. "We should sit quiet and hear what others have to say", he said as he walked to the door and entered the room.

As you walked towards the hall together with Sasha, Armin, Connie, Jean and Marco, you spotted Historia talking to Mikasa and Eren. You couldn't hear them, but Mikasa was slightly blushing and Eren was smiling. You stopped in shock as neither of those were normal sights as of late. It made you wonder what Historia said that could possibly prompt such an unusual reaction from the two, but you told yourself you wouldn't pry. Instead you smiled and took a mental picture of your friends, adding it to the library of fond memories you had stored inside your mind.

Marco noticed you stopping and walked back to stand by you, intertwining his fingers with yours. He followed your gaze and smiled himself. "Well, that's an unusual scene", he said so only you could hear. You nodded and looked up at him.

"Unusual, but uplifting. Makes me feel like things can go back to normal soon", you said, proceeding to walk into the room with Marco's hand still clutched in yours.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to the day we solve this mess and Eren can finally relax for once. I swear I haven't seen him smile more than ten times during the past two years", he said with a worried look.

"I know how you feel, it makes me sad. I feel like I should help him somehow, but I really don't know where to start. I feel guilty for not being able to do anything...", you admitted as you took your seats with the rest of the officers and soldiers.

"You don't have to feel guilty about anything love, I'm sure Eren would tell you the same thing if he knew how you felt. You just continue being available, then he'll seek out help or guidance whenever he's ready", he assured you and gave your hand a gentle squeeze. "That's what I'm doing at least. I just hope he'll open up more to us soon"