CC - Seriously you can't just TTYL out of this, I need the 🍵

I left her on read until I finished my class

Me - I don't fully know what's going on either. Give me time to figure it out.

CC - Ok but when you have the tea tell me. I need drama to function.

Eventually it was time to go home, I waited by Rodrick's van listening to music and doing homework until he scared me by tapping on my shoulder. I punched him in a immediate reaction before realising it was him and over apologizing for it. He complemented my punch before saying that detention was over and we could head home.

The car ride was nice. For everysong we had on Rodrick told me a bit about it, whether it was about the actual meaning of the song or about the artist themselves.

"You know, as much as I call you an idiot, you're actually really smart. Well, atleast in the things you care about."

He looked at me a bit confused with his face turning a slight pink before turning to eye the road and said "Thanks. I don't think anyone has ever called me smart before..." he laughed slightly

"You know so much about music though!!! Let alone how last night you knew multiple constellations that I couldn't remember even existed!"

"That stuff isn't like 'important' stuff though, I just happened to spend enough time sitting outside listening to music to pick that stuff up." he replied nonchalantly

"It doesn't matter if it's 'important' to others to make you smart in the fact that you know interesting stuff. As long as you care about it that makes it important" I say smiling the biggest smile at him "So take the darn complement" I laughed

Whispering and barely audible Rodrick spoke "I guess that would make you very important..." His face was bright red and was soon joined in color by my own. Neither of us could look eachother in the eyes.

The last minutes of the drive were in comfortable silence. When the car came to a stop. We sat in the car for a while before anything was said.

Trying to break the silence I spoke up "Well, we're here... I already know you're not going to do the homework" I laughed trying to get rid of the obnoxious butterflies in my stomach "So as long as you don't have band practice or anything, do you want watch some movies or play some video games or something?"

He took a deep breath before turning to me "Video games sound fun" His goofy smile returned "My place?"

"Sounds good, just let me go put my stuff away"

"Cool, I'll get it all set up. You can just walk in, I'll leave the door unlocked"

And with that we got out and headed our own separate ways. I walked normally to the front door but as soon as the front door was closed I sprinted to my room to put away my school bag. Thoughts about Rodrick were flooding my head. He said Im important to him!!!! And in saying that he essentially said (in a roundabout way) that he cares about me!!!!

I took a couple of seconds to calm down before deciding to head over to Rodrick's.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I walked in the door and immediately heard an "Im in here! I got out the best games we have. We don't have a lot though because my mom won't get anything that would 'scare Greg' or ' traumatize Manny'." I swear I could hear his eyes roll at the last part. I followed his voice to where he was in the living room.