Chapter 4

Y/N's point of view
I turned off my alarm getting up and turned on music.

[music playing - And if you could only let it be, you will see]

Black jeans, Nightmare before Christmas shirt and some Doc Martens.

I grabbed my bag and out the door i went. The bus ride felt longer than last time but soon we were at school.

I headed to my locker, I put my bag in and got my stuff for my first class.

"Hey Y/N! Wanna walk to our first classes together?"

"Sure CC"

Turns out our first classes are right next to eachother.

Soon it was English and yet again Rodrick showed up late. This time the teacher just sighed clearly already done with Rodrick.

"Did i miss anything interesting?" he asked smirking

"Not much unless you care about how stanzas in poems are structured"

He talked and made jokes not even trying to be quite almost the whole class. It was hard to concentrate but i think I mostly understood the idea of what we were learning.
------------------------------------------------------
I sat with CC at lunch and we exchanged phone numbers so we could hang out sometime later.

Soon enough was history. I sat down CC on my right. Rodrick was nowhere to be see, he didn't even show up late. CC and i talked a bit in class then after i went to my locker.

"Hey Dork"
I turn to see Rodrick

"Where were you, i didn't see you in history"

"Aww did you miss me" He said in an overly sarcastic tone with the dorkiest smile

"Oh fuck off" i say laughing

"I skipped class to get some of these" he reached into his bag and pulled out some monsters "and some snacks. Anyways I already had detention so why not"

The final bell rang
"I gotta go catch the bus, see you later"

"Laterz loser"
I rolled my eyes and headed to the bus.
--------------------------------------------------------
I scrolled on my phone listening to music next to my open window until i heard a car pull up nextdoor. I looked through the window and I was right so i decided that now would be the perfect time to head to his band's practice.

"Hey, Im heading nextdoor to watch Rodrick's band practice."

"Okay." Wow, such a careing answer. No, they were probably just busy with with work again i told myself.

I knocked on the door, Greg opened it.
"Hey Greg, I'm here to watch Rodrick's band practice."
"He's downstairs in the basement setting up some stuff waiting for them to arrive"

I went down the stair to the basement.

"Hey Rodrick I'm here to watch the practice. I would of asked you what time to come over but i forgot earlier and I don't have your number so."

"Hey Y/N"
He stood up from where he was kneeling as something fell behind him. 
"Fuck." He looked behind him for a second then turned back "Yeah, you don't have my number do you. So many people ask for it I forget who has it and who doesn't"

"Sure, whatever Rodrick" I scoffed

"Hand me your phone I'll add it in" He looked at me smiling with the slightest bit of a smirk.

I handed over my phone. "You can have a monster from my bag if you want."

"Of course I want a monster" I quickly grabbed an Ultra blue from his bag. He laughed at me.

There were heavy footsteps coming down the stairs as the rest of his band arrived.

He took a sip of his monster and gestured to me. "Guys this is Y/N, my neighbor. They wanted to hear us play."

After a small chorus of hellos I helped them finish getting set up. He handed me my phone and I put it in my pocket. He then pulled out a chair for me to sit in while they practiced.

They definitely needed a bit of work here and there but not too bad compared to some popular rock music honestly.

I cheered for them.

All of them looked happy someone liked their music. Rodrick's face had the biggest smile. It was obvious that he loved doing this. "Now we just need to get someone to sign us!" He sounded so excited.

I started giggling at how excited he seemed "For real though, you guys would have some serious fans." I said trying to calm my giggling.

"We are also working on a new song that will be even better but i think we need to practice it some more before showing anyone."

"You'll have to show me when you have it figured out"
I check the time.
"Shit, I still have homework to do. I'll catch up with you tomorrow Rodrick. Thankyou for letting me listen in on your practice guys."

"See you tomorrow Y/N."
---------------------------------------------------------
I grab something to eat while doing homework. Im slowly getting through it all and decide to take a short break.

I unlock my phone to see a contact profile with what i can only assume to be Rodrick's number. He didn't put his name though, it's under Hot Drummer.

"As if" I changed it to Idiot Neighbor in my phone.

I send him a text "Really, that's what you put yourself in as on my phone.

"Can't help but put what's true" I get in response

My eyes roll at his text. "Whatever, I got homework to finish"

"Why even bother. Just don't do it. It's much easier"

"I plan on passing highschool unlike you"

"Rockstars don't need highschool."

"This is why i have your name saved under idiot >:p"

"Okay nerd. Have fun with your homework "

I finished my homework with fallout boy playing.

"I'm going to sleep Idiot. See you tomorrow."

"So sweet you have a nickname for me." Followed by a few seconds later "Night nerd."
************************************
Almost a thousand words, The longest chapter yet.
For the most part I prefer to keep chapters short because for me it's easier to read but 1000 words isn't too bad.