Chapter 9

Y/N's point of view

There was a stage with all the equipment on it, an area to buy drinks and possibly merch, and of course people all around.

Rodrick checked his phone. "5 minutes to go. You excited?"

"Yeah, I think it will be really fun!"

"It will be, with me here how could it not."

"You're an idiot" i said lightly punching his arm "Let's go find a place, any ideas"

"Right over here should be perfect" he pulled me by my hand.

It was a bit of a tight squeeze to get past people. Rodrick wanted to be right up front.

He looked at me smiling excitedly. I looked around then back at him "Perfect".

Soon the band was on stage and the show began. They started with a few of their own songs which were all pretty good, some people had started headbanging. Then they did a cover of Ameican Idiot.

"Don't wanna be an American idiot
Don't want a nation under the new mania
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind-fuck America"

I got really excited and started singing along. Rodrick shortly after joined in along with a few other people.

"Don't wanna be an American idiot
One nation controlled by the media
Information age of hysteria
It's calling out to idiot America"

By now we were practically screaming. I looked at Rodrick, he was so into the performance. Eventually he caught me staring at him as the song ended.

"Photos will cost ya"
I stuck out my tounge at him
He rolled his eyes.
"You want a drink?"
"That would be nice." I responded
"I'll be right back" he winked
He's such an dork.

The next song started up. Part way through some guy came up to me and started to try and flirt. I tried to drop some hints that I wasn't interested, clearly this guy wasn't taking them. I looked over my shoulder looking for Rodrick. I saw him a little farther back and quickly made a decision on how to get this guy off my back.

I waved to Rodrick to get his attention then glanced slightly towards the guy.
"Hey babe over here!"

He looked confused for a split second before it clicked.
Soon he was next to me and handed me my drink before putting his arm around my waist. That feels weird, I tried not to think too much about it.

"They didn't have your favorite but I got you the next best thing." He said

"Thanks babe, you're the best!" I said enthusiastically

The guy stormed off angrily.

"Thanks Rodrick." I said smiling up at him, slightly leaning against him.

"I can keep my arm around you if you want. That creep is still looking at you." He said softly barely able to be heard over the music. His face was a slight shade of pink.

"I would appreciate that"

He kept his arm around me for the rest of the set. As I got more tired I leaned into him more.

"Food or home?" He questioned

I yawned "Depends on how far"

"Food it is."

We went to the car and got in. After his arm being around me for so long i kind of got used to it. It was actually weird not having his arm around me. I turned in my seat to face him as he started the car.