CHAPTER 13

Ezra

"You are in the club?" I heard Hazel screech over the loud music. She unexpectedly called because it was late and I didn't return yet. But the truth is, Sebastian called me over.

"Don't be mad. I came here because of Sebastian. He fancies one of the dancers." I explained and it wasn't such a good idea.

"Did you go to the strip club? Cause I'm sure the dancer you're talking about isn't a ballet one." She scoffed.

"Yes, it's a strip club. But, don't worry. I don't even look at them." I reassured.

"Whatever, Ezra. But you're sleeping on the floor when you get back." She said and hung up. Oh, man. What did I do?

"Sebastian?" I called loudly. He finally parted away from the dancer and turned to me while still holding the girl to his hip.

"What?"

"I'm going home," I said and he nodded.

I walked to the entrance over the group of people. And realized it was raining. Heavy summer rains. I didn't have my suit jacket with me. Only a button-up shirt.

I looked around in hope someone was having an umbrella. Hazel would be getting so mad if I come back drenched while knowing I was in a strip club.

Why am I getting punished like this?

Stupid Sebastian.

"That bitch gave me five hundred bucks. One pair of sad eyes and she is all in. Pathetic." A slurred voice said. I turned around to see who was talking like that about someone. Then I saw him.

The blonde-haired boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend.

"Ain't she rich? I saw her picture on the internet with her husband. What was his last name?" The other man who was next to him wondered.

"King. Ezra King." The blondie answered. My eyes widened. He was saying that my wife was a bitch and when did she even give him five hundred bucks?

Then it dawned. The day before yesterday, they met.

"I'm going back to Stacey's." The blondie slurred.

"You still see her?" The other guy asked.

"Since four months ago. That bitch didn't give me anything." He snorted.

I was seeing red and wasn't regretting anything that I was about to do to him. He pissed me off by calling my wife a bitch and cheating on her when they were together.

I strode over to him and pulled him by the collar. I dragged him out of the club and pushed him out in the rain. He tried standing up but slipped and fell back on his ass.

I couldn't refrain as I started punching him with my fists. The pain in my knuckles was amazing as I heard cracking of his nose than the jawline. He managed to punch me back once before I beat him to the unconscious.

"That's what you get for calling my wife, a bitch." I mumbled before getting up from his limp body. Some people were staring at me and his friend looked petrified.

I was drenched from rain but now I could care less about it. I was satisfied and it was time to go home. To my mad wife. But sweet wife.

I entered my car and took the small towel before wiping my face off and hair. I started driving back to the house while the fight replayed in my head.

I wanted to tell Hazel what I heard but she would be hurt. I never wanted my wife to be unhappy. My mother always said to me if my wife cries or is unhappy, I didn't do a good job as a husband. And that's why I feared of.